Naza M v2 pre first flight question (no, not gains)

jwk72

Ok, so people here have been very helpful with my first build so I figured I'd ask a few more before I venture out on my first flights. I've been flying planes and helis for years and have flown smaller quads (350qx) but as I've stated in the past, I have realized the "rules" are different with MR's. Hopefully these questions are basic (and may be stupid) but with the money invested I want to make sure I give myself the best chance of success (or maybe just avoid disaster) on the first flights. I'm putting this together for someone that needs it for the purpose of using it for video/photos... thats why i didn't start small. I'll list all of the equipment I'm using then ask the questions.

-Naza M v2 w/GPS

-F450 flamewheel

-Spektrum DX8 & AR8000

-Eflite Park 480 910kv motors

-Castle Thunderbird 36 amp ESC's

-APC 10x4.7 SF props

Accessories:

-Tarot T2D gimbal

-GoPro Hero 3

-Tall LG (not sure of brand, pic below)

-Bluetooth w/iPad GS

Questions:

1.) for initial flights do I leave Accessories off and tweak gains again after initial flights or start from the beginning with everything it will normally fly with?

2.) if leaving off, how much are gains & CG likely to change after adding the accessories in and will it cause problems?

3.) I saw someone post recently not to use certain types of prop adapters... What type do I use, where do I get them and will they fit my motors? (Pic below)

[ EDIT] since posting I've seen more reports of collet type adapters (like what's on my 480's) not being good. Can I just replace the top portion with some type of locking nut like nylon lock nuts?

4.) anything about my set up that jumps out as potentially problematic?

5.) I said this wasn't about gains but if anyone has a recommendation, I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 14286
View attachment 14287

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382367957.401868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382367957.401868.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 172
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382367970.094182.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382367970.094182.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 191

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Motors are not designed for MR use, choose a motor with a direct mount hub and no shaft.

ESC's are not designed for MR use, choose a 30A ESC that has Simon-K firmware pre-installed.

Pete

jwk72

Just for verification, are you saying motors/esc's in general are not designed for MR use or the motors and ESCs I have are not designed for MR use? Just curious because recently I've spoke with several people at some of the larger DJI's retailers and have went over my equipment because I was having esc issues and no one even mentioned this to me. Actually one place had recommended these esc's. can you give me more info? Thanks!