Naza M V2 GPS Antenna Placement

AzViper

Question for those using Naza M V2. Looking through the Naza software I see that the GPS antenna where it is position needs to be measured from CG to the antenna in two directions and entered in MM into the software.

Would it be be best to place the GPS antenna directly centered over the Naza FC as the FC will be mounted dead center within the quad? I have the ability due to another layer of the center section of the Tarot 650 to place the antenna dead center on top away from all other electronics.

xrZ6fk.jpg

Rotorfreek

It makes absolutely no difference at all. What is important is that you mount it away from electronic interference, ie escs, power cables and motors. Also a clear line of sight to the sky is vital - GPS is a very weak signal with high gain antenna, so being on carbon plate will help.

So put it on wherever suits, so long as it's on top.

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have been using Naza's for a few years and the positioning is certainly not critical, just place it where it fits best and as far from your vtX as possible, I also cut my masts to half height and have never had an issue.