Naza M V2 compass calibration issue

Racerx1962

I can't get the compass to fully calibrate... It works on the horizontal, but when I flip it nose first and do the dance, I get the flashing red light. I'm not around any magnetic interfering objects, so I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Tahoe Ed

Have you tried to do the advanced IMU calibration. You also have to be away from any metal, including rebar, high tension power lines, etc.

Racerx1962

Okay, as I started the IMU cali, a warning window appeared stating that the temp on the MC was too high; but I had just connected the battery. I performed the cali anyhow and got the same result, no calibration. Also, my compass mod reading was around the 3775 mark. I've read that it should be much lower. I went ahead and emailed the vendor hoping they might offer a solution, but I'm concerned it may be a faulty unit.

nealj4

Racerx1962, I had the same problem on my first calibration of Naza. Doing the advanced calibration on the Assistant software solved the problem. Don't worry about the MC high temp warning, Have read that's just a glitch in the software.

Racerx1962

The advanced cali did not solve my problem. Instead I degaussed the GPS module, performed normal cali and it's been working flawlessly ever since.