NAZA-M software for Mac Crashes on load up

roblysak

NAZA-M Assistant software for Mac Crashes on load up

Hi guys, I have a Phantom 1 that while filming, had a crash in the ocean. I was lucky enough to have it survive after a thorough washing with Isopropyl. After I went to DJI to download "NAZA-M ASSISTANT SOFTWARE V2.20". i started the app, and it "quits unexpectedly" on load up, giving me a crash report for Apple. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall with no luck, I have tried a new download from DJI, same results. Any help would be appreciated as i need the app to calibrate the craft!

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wdlong1

I am having same issue -- did you figure out a fix?
I have been using Parallels and the windows assistant in the meantime.

RobBurn

Hi guys, I have a Phantom 1 that while filming, had a crash in the ocean. I was lucky enough to have it survive after a thorough washing with Isopropyl. After I went to DJI to download "NAZA-M ASSISTANT SOFTWARE V2.20". i started the app, and it "quits unexpectedly" on load up, giving me a crash report for Apple. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall with no luck, I have tried a new download from DJI, same results. Any help would be appreciated as i need the app to calibrate the craft!

Thanks!!!!

Its done, unless the fc is water proof, any, and i mean any salt water intrusion gets in and its over. You may wash it with alcohol it it may look good but the damage is done and will get worse as time goes on.

I also use a mac as Ed and have no issues.

Rob

roblysak

Its done, unless the fc is water proof, any, and i mean any salt water intrusion gets in and its over. You may wash it with alcohol it it may look good but the damage is done and will get worse as time goes on.

I also use a mac as Ed and have no issues.

Rob

Well, its been over two months and its working like new so far. I did have to replace the motors and the batteries (go pro and FC). On the other hand, the software on my MAC still doesn't work! :upset::upset:

RobBurn

If the salt water got on the electronics it will take time but it will go bad. If not warer got on the electronics your ok. Even though you washed it has an effect, corrosion takes time.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
The problem is not with the Naza, he has a software issue with the Mac OS and the assistant. If the Naza has been cleaned properly, it could survive and they are pretty tight, so the amount of water that may enter could be very little.

There has been many people reporting dunking their birds in the sea with good results.

RonSWFL

Hi Guys: I am new to this forum. Have downloaded the NAZA Mac version but can't open it because it says my security settings will not allow any app that did not come from the App Store. Any suggestions? I'm running OS 10.8.5

RobBurn

Google should be your friend.

If you trust the source of the program and want to install it anyway, you can get around Gatekeeper in a couple of ways. To install a blocked program manually from the Mac’s desktop, right-click (or hold down the Control key and click) the program’s icon. In the drop-down menu that appears, choose Open and then click the Open button in the alert box to proceed with the installation.

Rob

Tahoe Ed

Hi Guys: I am new to this forum. Have downloaded the NAZA Mac version but can't open it because it says my security settings will not allow any app that did not come from the App Store. Any suggestions? I'm running OS 10.8.5

I can't remember which key it is; control, option or command, but if you hold down one of those keys and click on the icon. It will give you the option to open anyway.

Rob you beat me to it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBurn

The problem is not with the Naza, he has a software issue with the Mac OS and the assistant. If the Naza has been cleaned properly, it could survive and they are pretty tight, so the amount of water that may enter could be very little.

There has been many people reporting dunking their birds in the sea with good results.

Just a word of caution, do you know what salt water does when mixed electronics? Ok then i do and what im saying is it may never survive long enough to happen (wrecked) but over time it most likely will develop issues. Ive had this happen with electronics with model boats. Ok a land or water craft is different if it develops issues than something that is in flight and gets glitches, i mean for crying out loud there are enough problems to deal with on the MR's than something like this. Im just pointing out based in my experience in the past, take it or leave it. If it was mine and i "knew" salt water was inside the case id chuck it as its not worth the risk of injurying something or someone. I tend to err on the side of safety

Rob

RonSWFL

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but the app just crashes when I try to open it. I don't want to go to 10.9 because of all of the other issues. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thx.

RobBurn

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but the app just crashes when I try to open it. I don't want to go to 10.9 because of all of the other issues. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thx.

ok i can verify its a problem with 10.8.5 so anything less than 10.9 will crash. If you look at the crash report you will see below. I did a search and basically dji is missing a library item for sin and cosine in the binaries that is in 10.9 OSX but not included earlier osx versions.

you may read on it further and be able to include the files but i suspect it would be a dji deal to make the change and it appears they wrote this assistant for 10.9? Ed could verify this... if they never had a 10.8.# version they would probably would not want to go backwards as there might be other issues once this is fixed.

Do you have virtual box on your osx with windows? i do on my 10.9 box but i've not tried to load nanza on it, but i could if you have that potential ( you would need windows OS, virtualbox is free)

Rob

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
Referenced from: /Applications/NAZAM.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

tonyleja

Older version

I had the same issue. I then downloaded the 3.0 version instead of the 3.0.2 or what ever the latest one is.
I used the previous version and that version is on the DJI site