Naza M Lite - Yaw Problem to the right in all flight modes.

Just fitted my naza lite into a tarot 650 frame, previously used in a DJI 450 without any issues. I have built up my new quad with sunnysky 2212 motors and 10x4.5 eprops. running on 5000 3s lipo. When I take off the quad turns quickly to the right and when you apply yaw input with the sticks it wobbles slightly and turns back then want to move to the right again. It is very unpredictable. I have checked the trims on the 9x radio and the trims are almost centre.

I've re-calibriated the escs when changing the motors, I've re-calibrated radio in the naza assistant, checked my flight mode switch GPS/Atti and manual, the problem occurs in all modes. I get a green flashing light in GPS mode before take off. One thing it doesn't allow me to do now is re-calibrate the compass when before I could get into the calibration everytime, for some reason I can't get into it again. But I thought using Atti mode would be ok without compass calibration, but I may be wrong.

All the wiring has been checked. All the motors rotate free by hand and when armed. They all spin up and down together. I had to extend the esc wires a fair bit soldering and heatshrinking all the connections and are fed down the carbon tubes with all the escs placed in the centre of the quad. I'm not using a distribution board, but just a 4-way cable and spiltter from the battery to the escs.

I'm kinda stuck at this point, not sure what to try next. everything in the naza settings seems fine, the radio sticks move in the correct positions when hooked up. I even put the gains back down to 110 for the roll/pitch/yaw etc just until I get it hovering stable. All other input in the sticks works when the quad is in the air. I even re-calibrated the IMU in the naza assistant.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Raymond

rilot

My Naza lite used to do this when I had it.
Tell me, does it still do it when you run a second battery through it? The lite seems to have a hard time getting up to temperature and sorting its life out after you power it up.
In the end, I just used to sit and wait for 5 minutes after I'd connected up the first pack of the day before arming the motors and taking off.

I eventually fixed the problem by replacing the lite with an M V2.

went out this morning and managed to get into the gps compass calibration and redone it successfully, but it hasn't helped with the problem. Still turning badly to the right when hovering. I am now going to try different props incase these gemfan eprops are duff, although they look ok. The only other thing I could try is going back to my old motors, but I know one of them has a slightly dodgy bearing and really wasnt too keen on using it, but I suppose for the purposes of testing a low hover it might be ok if I'm careful. Just want to see if I get the same yawing effect as with the new sunnyskys.

I also double checked and re-entered all the compass positions into the naza assistant ensure that I used the normal negative value for the height of the compass placement. I get full green flashing LED before taking off, so it seems to be finding satelites.

still really stuck though.

Raymond

rilot

Did you try my suggestion of waiting for 5 minutes after connecting the flight battery before arming the motors and taking off?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Several topic on this already... My Naza V1 does the same thing, since they updated it several months ago it has done this. I get the all green ready to fly, but in GPS it will drift to the right, I land, unplug the battery and do it over again and it is alright after that. You can hover for a bit, wait for the secondary green flash and switch in and out of IOC to lock in a new home lock, that normally works for me.

glacier51

Raymond:

If everything looks OK, no trims out of place, etc., any chance you have 3 props turning in one direction and 1 in the other?

Ron

brantdw

Try to do an IMU calibration. This is done in the Naza software. Plug it in and set it level. It will calibrate the gyros and takes up to 10 minutes. It seemed to help my drifting issue.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Raymond:

If everything looks OK, no trims out of place, etc., any chance you have 3 props turning in one direction and 1 in the other?

Ron

Tarot 650 is a 4 motor quadcopter, if one motor was turning the wrong way it would be mowing grass.

glacier51

I said 3 props turning in one direction not the motors. Three props one way would create some serious yaw but it would fly.

To clarify:
4 props, 2 CW, 2CCW

If you put 3CW props on and 1 CCW, with all motors turning as they should, you will have serious yaw.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold_dog

To topic starter. Make sure your props are aligned to each other and are perfectly horizontal. Problems with yaw often happen when one of the props is inclined a few degrees out of the horizontal plane. Also make sure all of your ESCs are calibrated.

Thanks cold_dog, I re-calibrated all the ESCs and made sure the props/motor mounts were alined and level. I've only had a chance since to fly indoors in a large hall but it appears to be better now in Atti mode. I've yet to try it out in the field in GPS mode, hopefully the problem will have been resolved. Due to bad weather, its not been easy to get out recently, but I'll post when I finally get a change to test it out.

Many thanks
Raymond

Blacklist

Was there any luck with this problem.... I'm having the same issue with the NAZA M Lite... Can't seem to find out what is doing this either... It keeps yawning to the right.. Ugh!