Naza M Lite RTL Help

Dreed3030

I went to test my newly built 45o with a Naza M Lite and/GPS. I flies great, good control and very stable. So I finally decided to test Failsafe/Return to Home and Land. Got the copter up about 15m and about 30m in front of me and switched off transmitter. The copter immediately began to ascend but did not stop at the 20m it was supposed to. It kept ascending to probably 100 - 150m , to the point I could not tell if it had stopped ascending or was still rising. GPS was working, it stayed in same spot from me the whole time. Eventually I flipped transmitter back on and began descending, which took for ever but it made it down safely, Any ideas out there of what was wrong.

I did let it sit and pick up on all satellites before take off, had a slow but steady green blink.

My setup:

Flysky FS-i6 Transmitter/FS-iA6 Receiver - Fail safe turned on Channel 5 wThrottle confirgured to 50%
F450 Frame
DJI Naza M Lite w/Satellite - compass has been calibrated
Emax 4in1 ESC - they have been calibrated
Emax 2213 935Kv motors w/10" Emax Props
Turnigy 3S 2.2 Battery

Thanks for any input

jamesb72

Are you sure you have failsafe set correctly - you need to have flight mode/U set in the failsafe region on Naza lite configurator - on the bench with props removed if you switch off transmitter you should get fast flashing yellow/orange LED to show failsafe/RTH is set correctly, same as if you switch to failsafe with transmitter on - if you don't get fast flashing yellow/orange LED then you are not in failsafe.

RTH height IIRC is fixed at 20Metres for the Naza Lite, so the other thing to check is you let it sit long enough to set home point (10? fast green flashes, you will often get two sets, once as soon as GPS has 5 sats, and again when it gets full set (8?), so if you took off quickly and were in the air for the second set it might add some height, but would still RTH and descend/land.

Last edited: