Naza M Lite Motor idle speed question

cdrking

On pages 20 and 21 of the Naza M Lite manual it talks about motor idle speed. I am trying to understand this section and could use some more information.

I have my setting on recommended and it flies fine. Why would I need/want to change it to low or high and how would that affect the operation of the quad? Also the tip section talks about pulse width. How do I use this information? I fly Futaba and it references Futaba in this section.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/naza-m lite/en/NAZA-M LITE_User_Manual_v2.00_en.pdf

Thanks for the input.

Jeff

cootertwo

The idle speed is what the motors will run at when you start the motors. Too low, and usually one or more motors don't start up at the same time. Too high, and it will almost lift off at idle. Just like the idle of your car, too high, and when you throw it in gear, it will jerk, too low and it will stall. All depends on your setup, what voltage you're running, props, motor kv, etc. etc. Almost always the recommended setting works just fine, at least in my experience. Pulse width is about the same thing as brain surgery to me, I know nuttin about it. I'm using Spektrum radios, DX7s and a DX8.:tennis:

FlyGirl

Thanks for the info that makes sense.

I would like to know about the pulse width info in the manual.

Jeff

I've read that section about 15 times Jeff... Not sure what it means. I have 4 NAZAs though and never needed whatever info it's trying to impart regarding Futaba. My advice? Forget it's there... ;)

cdrking

Lauren,

Thanks, I figured as much.:apathy: I work with a guy who is a very sharp cookie and has a bit of RC experience, he and I tossed this around for about 2 hours and didn't come up with anything conclusive. At least it killed some time on our flight across the country.

I have also had no problems with my quad without this knowledge, just want to learn more.

Jeff