Naza M Lite & Futaba T10J - Anyone have this combo? (S-bus issue inside)

Large

First off - hi! This is the 3rd forum I am going to give a shot at getting an answer from so bear with me if you will. I am building my first hexa and wanted something simple so I went with a 550 frame, 2212 motors, simonk escs (30a) naza M lite and a 10 channel futaba rx/tx (T10J).

The only issue I have is the TX does not want to communicate with my laptop / hexa when I wire everything up in 'S-bus' setting (d-bus option checked on dji software). If I hook everything up traditionally (with tradition checked) it works fine. I cannot find an answer to this conundrum. Can anyone shine some light?

Quinton

First off - hi! This is the 3rd forum I am going to give a shot at getting an answer from so bear with me if you will. I am building my first hexa and wanted something simple so I went with a 550 frame, 2212 motors, simonk escs (30a) naza M lite and a 10 channel futaba rx/tx (T10J).

The only issue I have is the TX does not want to communicate with my laptop / hexa when I wire everything up in 'S-bus' setting (d-bus option checked on dji software). If I hook everything up traditionally (with tradition checked) it works fine. I cannot find an answer to this conundrum. Can anyone shine some light?

That comes with the 3008SB doesn't it?
What is your transmitter set to, is it multi?
I take it you have a green light on your receiver to say that it is connected to your transmitter?

Large

That comes with the 3008SB doesn't it?
What is your transmitter set to, is it multi?
I take it you have a green light on your receiver to say that it is connected to your transmitter?

Yes on the receiver, receiver was set to acro I think and yes the Rx has the green light showing it is communicating with the Tx. I've tried all 4 channels as well and paired the tx/rx a few times.

Quinton

Yes on the receiver, receiver was set to acro I think and yes the Rx has the green light showing it is communicating with the Tx. I've tried all 4 channels as well and paired the tx/rx a few times.

Its hard to tell really as the T10J is very new, and is one of the first that has MultiRotor settings which most people don't have.
Usually you would just set it to multi and it should be good to go.
The more information you supply the better, I take it the channels are showing te usual j1, j2, j3, j4 for the first 4?
Any pics of your setup would help a good deal.

Large

Its hard to tell really as the T10J is very new, and is one of the first that has MultiRotor settings which most people don't have.
Usually you would just set it to multi and it should be good to go.
The more information you supply the better, I take it the channels are showing te usual j1, j2, j3, j4 for the first 4?
Any pics of your setup would help a good deal.

I was merely following 8J guides as there were 1 or 2 - 10J guides out there to set the stick calibration (not in English either lol) so I had to work with very little. Everywhere I saw it said use acro, when I exhausted all my options I did try everything on multirotor and still had the same results. When I say channels I mean channel modes on the futaba (A, B, C & D), I don't quite follow you on J1-J4, sorry. I have pics of the naza lite, the wiring to the Rx in S-bus and traditional on my imgur account but I cannot access them at work :\ I was just hoping someone would know what the issue was with my setup from their own experience, when I get home I can add pictures of course - anything in particular? Also what other specific info would you like to know? Thanks for the help.

Quinton

Check out the manual, and make sure in channel setup you are in Mode B (which is default) which will allow your Sbus To work
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r3008sb-manual.pdf

In your Naza assistant, just make sure you press write after selecting Dbus.
Also check your sbus cable is in channel 8 (8/SB) on the receiver, and not S-Bus2 as that may be for telemetry only.

Large

Check out the manual, and make sure in channel setup you are in Mode B (which is default) which will allow your Sbus To work
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r3008sb-manual.pdf

In your Naza assistant, just make sure you press write after selecting Dbus.
Also check your sbus cable is in channel 8 (8/SB) on the receiver, and not S-Bus2 as that may be for telemetry only.

I did put the rx back on channel B, I also did not see a write button on the naza M lite assistant program. After I change a numerical value it tells me to press 'Enter' to write, but changing an option (like for instance Tradition to D-bus) I do not see a write button for that. Maybe the Naza assistant is different for the Lite version? My cable was connected from X2 on the naza to 8/SB on the Rx as well and not S-bus 2.

Quinton

OK it seems that you are doing everything correctly.
Earlier on I mentioned J1,J2 etc, just go into your Function Menu and make sure Ctrl J1 is mapped to channel 1 Ail
channel 2 J2 is mapped to Ele etc, although it should already be default, but just trying to eliminate the (what seems to be obvious) to others who have already used a Futaba transmitter..

1. Aileron
2. Elevator
3. Throttle
4. Rudder

I am sure you will get there in the end, and you will be helping others at a later stage with problems.
Either that or you have a dodgy receiver (but I doubt that, its usually something simple)

Large

OK it seems that you are doing everything correctly.
Earlier on I mentioned J1,J2 etc, just go into your Function Menu and make sure Ctrl J1 is mapped to channel 1 Ail
channel 2 J2 is mapped to Ele etc, although it should already be default, but just trying to eliminate the (what seems to be obvious) to others who have already used a Futaba transmitter..

1. Aileron
2. Elevator
3. Throttle
4. Rudder

I am sure you will get there in the end, and you will be helping others at a later stage with problems.
Either that or you have a dodgy receiver (but I doubt that, its usually something simple)

Yes thank you for the help. The A/E/T/R are all 1-4 in the Tx. I have another naza coming along with another receiver and a new hex build I am going to start. I will keep trying to get it to work correctly with the s-bus until I will just give up lol. Thank you again for the help buddy.

juan23d

Hi. I have the Naza-M V2, GPS/PMU with Futaba T10J and I have trouble getting past the AETR with the Assistant Software. Thanks for sharing.