Naza-M Blinking 3 Red Even After Long Wait

This has not been a good week for my helis. While my S800 is down for repair, I decided to take my F450+Naza out flying after a couple of weeks on the shelf.
The problem now is that I am getting the three-red-blink constantly, even after 15 minutes of sitting outside with wide open skies. I tried on three separate occasions over the last 3 days, and always the same story. I'm plugged it in to the Naza Assistant, and everything looks fine. If I switch between Manual, Attitude, and GPS-Attitude, I do get the additional color light (yellow for Att, green for GPS), but always with the 3 reds of <5 satellites.
Any ideas? I'm wondering if my GPS cable is damaged somehow, but before I unscrew the whole F450 to get to the Naza and GPS plug, I'd see if anybody else has any ideas or suggestions.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
How high have you set your lipo cutoff voltage? Flashing red usually means second stage voltage protection.

Cool?

Using Tapatalk...

I should have added that I did try reseating the GPS connector best I could without unscrewing the top plate.
I also did run the Naza calibration which appeared successful (I.e. gave me the steady yellow then the steady green then no lights temporarily thus indicating a successful calibration?)
Now that you mention it, on its last landing previously it did a tuck-and-roll... lol... meaning it had a little forward velocity when it landed and ended up rolling forward (X468 landing gear) and ended on its side.

As for the blinking, Ben, it's the three blinks then pause lights, not the persistent continuous red flashing. And I have charged the batteries in between flights (I'm brushing up on my Attitude and Manual mode flying) these past few days. But thanks for suggesting that as well.

Thx guys... And any further questions or ideas, please let me know. I have a feeling that tonight I'm just gonna have to unscrew the top plate and check the connector itself by pealing back the plug cover unless someone has some other ideas.

RobertsUp

I bumped this old thread because I'm having exactly the same issue with my naza gps satellite reception as ProPilotWannaBe. Exactly. I spent half the day trying to find a solution and at the end returned to this thread because it offers the most promise for finding a solution. It's too bad that the op didn't return to this thread and tell us how he solved his problem.

My gps puck may have been damaged as my craft skidded along hard ground upside down and there's a scratch on it. Just as happened in the op's case.

Today I created a copper rfi shield for the puck and grounded it. No difference. I checked for loose connections, unplugged and replugged the gps. No difference.

I live near Century and I suppose I could bring the module to them and see if they can test it. In the meantime I'm trying to avoid shelling out for a new gps module.

Always 2 green flashes and 3 red flashes. The led's respond exactly as they did in ProPilotWannaBe's craft. I hope he'll see this and respond.

Best, Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

My bad Bob. I should have returned and posted that it was a defective GPS puck. My vendor sent me a replacement one and it worked immediately.
This was one of those cases where RCRUS just sent me the antenna without me asking once I described the situation. Great service!

RobertsUp

Hi ProPilotWannabe, (PPWB for short?) :02.47-tranquillity:

Thanks for that fast reply.

Today I took my GPS to Century and their tech already had a test setup right there on his bench. It took only a couple minutes for him to confirm that my unit was bad.

He brought out and unboxed a new unit and tested it and it worked on his test setup.

I bought the new unit and brought it home and installed it. Hooray! I have satellite reception again.

Our experiences prove that those GPS pucks can and do go bad sometimes.

Best, Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad it worked out. PPWB or Tim... whichever ;)
It's good when it goes out at least while on the ground. Last week I lost GPS during flight (connector came out!) and the Zenmuse gimbal just started going crazy in the middle of a shoot. Today I'm putting hotglue on the connector so that it doesn't happen again.