Naza Lite with Spektrum Telemetry Interference?

Hi all, names Justin and new to the forum and fairly new to multi-rotors. I currently have a DJI F550 with Naza lite controller. My Tx is a Spektrum DX8 and after reading about the telemetry I couldn't resist. Right now I have both 3s and 4s for my 550 so the on board display of voltage was a must for me, in order not to carry around a laptop everywhere. I also like being able to download the flight log, in the near future I want to also get the GPS unit from Spek. The thing that concerns me is the internet is FULL of DJI "flyaways" and I honestly can't even fathom it, watching my 550 with a Gopro Hero 3+ black flyaway. It took me many hours of hard labor to pay for this machine and I wouldn't be able to bear it. Anyways I was just reading on another forum that telemetry could interfere with the Naza GPS unit. Link: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?23049-Solving-the-NAZA-flyaways.../page15

I fly mainly in GPS since I am some what new and that is the easiest way to fly and film. I really want all the flight log data, but if interference is possible and could cause a fly away then I don't. The internet just may have me beyond paranoid (Kinda like check WebMD when you have a cough, 20 min later you have cancer) almost to the point where I am second guessing flying and my purchase. I really just want to get out there and fly, but it is now burned in the back of my mind. Please any info on this topic or any other that may help will be greatly appreciated.

My preflight goes like this.
Check 550 frame
Check voltage on batt & Tx
Turn on 550 and wait for multiple green lights
Take off in Atti mode, level out to about 10'
Switch to GPS and watch flight characteristics.
if lock looks good I begin to fly.

I fly only in line of sight and in open fields (so far)

Thanks again guys, been lingering for a bit and look forward to learning and helping where I can. :highly_amused:

I fly a 550, I-fly conversion and a Y6 all with Naza M (no Lite's) on a DX8 and full telemetry. I have never had a problem.
With the advent of the Phantom line, DJI seems to have greatly reduced their fly-away issue (many of which upon closer inspection will show some sort of pilot error).
Keep doing your complete pre-flight and bear in mind that electronics and mechanics can fail at a moments notice and sometimes you just can't do anything about it. :upset:

Thanks for the reply. I am fully aware of mechanical and electrical failures in my line of work. What scares me is the ghost in the system that takes control and my $1200+ investment flying away and possibly damaging property or someone. Hopefully they have resolved it and my paranoia and precautions will prevent it. I am a pretty conservative pilot and will continue to do my pre-flight. Do you calibrate the compass before each flight. Usually I run some short flight in my back yard on Atti to get my battery time down etc, then I drive 40 minutes to a open area to fly, should I be calibrating since there is a large spread?

I really like the telemetry, I actually feel more in control since I now have "gauges" to look at, instead of flying blind. Voltage was a big thing for me since I currently cycle between 3s and 4s. But seeing any frame losses and hold is awesome, now I can see how far I can fly safely. Even though I have never flown beyond a couple hundred yards.

I have spent at lest 20+ hours researching online about the Naza, 550 and spektrum. But any other advice would be great.

And I hope DJI gets there stuff togheter on the data base and log in, been 3 days now and I can't log in......

Thanks for the reply. I am fully aware of mechanical and electrical failures in my line of work. What scares me is the ghost in the system that takes control and my $1200+ investment flying away and possibly damaging property or someone. Hopefully they have resolved it and my paranoia and precautions will prevent it. I am a pretty conservative pilot and will continue to do my pre-flight. Do you calibrate the compass before each flight. Usually I run some short flight in my back yard on Atti to get my battery time down etc, then I drive 40 minutes to a open area to fly, should I be calibrating since there is a large spread?

I really like the telemetry, I actually feel more in control since I now have "gauges" to look at, instead of flying blind. Voltage was a big thing for me since I currently cycle between 3s and 4s. But seeing any frame losses and hold is awesome, now I can see how far I can fly safely. Even though I have never flown beyond a couple hundred yards.

I have spent at lest 20+ hours researching online about the Naza, 550 and spektrum. But any other advice would be great.

And I hope DJI gets there stuff together on the data base and log in, been 3 days now and I can't log in......

The problem with online forums is you hear mostly about the disasters and not enough about the successes.
There are literally thousands perhaps 10's of thousands of the DJI products out there and I can count the fly away's on my fingers and toes but we all share your concern. It would be watching your new bride ride off with your best man on your wedding day. Maybe worse depending on who paid for the dress.

I always put my name and address and mention a reward on my planes and copters. Even if it comes down in a playground and whacks a few kids, they won't have to hunt you down which normally irritates the bejeezes them.

Just do what you do and the rest is up to Murphy. If you think too much about it you'll be selling it to buy a kite.