naza lite not holding in gps/atti modes

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
Hello this is my first post on the forum, I've been into rc for some years but MR for only about 2 months,
I have a f450 with naza lite/gps/E300 stock motors and blades that come in the kit/dji tx and rx from a phantom 2/overlander 5000mah 3s and gimble/gopro. dji legs set. auw is 1230g without gimble and 1460g with gimble. COG seems to but good.
naza is mounted in centre of frame with arrow going forward, gps arrow going forward.
I have set up the naza gps xyz settings -4cm/4cm/-12cm, set quad type cal the imu, cal the battery volts,
gains are at 100 100 100 and the vertical gain seems to be better at 250 but have tried it from 90 upwards,alt gains are 100 100. done the naza dance with no fails,cal the dji tx, I put the quad outside for 5 mins before powering it up, after power up I wait for the all green and the fast greens then still wait just in case.
I lift off in gps mode and it just wants to come down slowly,I have to keep adding a bit of throttle ,in alt gps mode its the same will not hold alt or position not just up/ down but left/ right and forward and back,I keep having to bring it back to me, its sort of like its trying to hold but struggling,I thought it was a weight problem so I removed the gimble/ camera and retried and its better with the throttle but not right its still not locked in, man mode has good power,I added some foam near the left side of the naza but still not locked in,I did not expect it it be 100% locked in but not like this, any help would be good thanks

Ian

New Pilot
try the recommended gain settings from the nasa manual for the f450, these worked fine for me,

Basic Gain Pitch 150, Roll 150, Yaw 100 Vertical 105 Altitude Gain Pitch 150 Roll 150

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
Watch "F450 not hovering" on YouTube
F450 not hovering:

. I am having to add throttle and other inputs to keep it still. Even tried alti mode but wont hold alti

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

New Pilot
Did I see duel flashing green lights when you were off the sticks ? This would indicate sticks were not centre, have you double checked calibration of sticks ? In hover with sticks in center it should be single flashing light, what radio you using ?

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
is this not normal to get double green flashes when moving the sticks and single flashes when not moving sticks?

Ian

New Pilot
yes it is, it look like in the vid you had double flashing all the time ? when you send it vertical and centre the sticks and it starts do drop by its self does it flash single or double ?.

what is you all up weight with battery ?

also hovering that low it may try to enter landing mode ?

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
Single flash.I am using dji tx so there is no trims or sub trims to adjust, all switches are asigned and everything is working on tx in the naza software,auw is 1460g with gimble and 1240g without gimble.i removed gimble and retested and it was just the same

Ian

New Pilot
have you calibrated that TX in the Phantom RC app ? i did mine and there was also a firmware update for it, micro usb on bottom

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
Not calibrated it in the app.everything on the tx is correct and does what it should in naza software all switches work, all stick centred and in the green, when you push left and down on sticks all move left on monitor screen

Ian

New Pilot
I read somewhere in the naza manual that at very low level it will assume you intend to land and try to settle down. Think this is in gps and att mode only. Send it up 10m and see how it sits. Personally I'd also connect the tx to the app do any firmware updates and calibrate everything in there as we'll.

That's what I did and have no issues. I have had mine hovering a few inches above ground with out problem.

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
weight without gimbal is 1230g as posted in first post, 1460g with gimbal ,tried the dji tx firmware upgrade, that changed the front power light to green and mucked up my x1 pot, that tuck about 2 hours of tweaking to get the full range back and quad still flies the same, been down the weight path, if the quad was too heavy I don't think it would hover for 12 mins, good power on climb in manual mode

Ian

New Pilot
Well nothing I can really offer more I am afraid. I build mine last week with the M V2 not the lite and had no issues at all. Perhaps it's something in the lite firmware that's different to the m v2. Hopefully some one else with far more experience will chip in

simobn floyd

Fly till you die
Its at the shop, guy had a quick look but did not come up with anything, rang today and he said dji advised tx needs calibration but I have done it in the naza assistant and in the phantom rc software, so the shop is going to test fly it and report back soon.will keep you updated