Naza Lite - faulty or just not very good?

henrysj

So I've got 3 Naza M V2 in various crafts and they all work brilliantly - I then bought a Naza-lite (no gps) to go into a F450 I was putting together with a load of spare parts to chuck around and what a difference it is to the M. There seems to be no consistency to what angle it pitches at. Transitioning from full speed flight in one direction to full speed flight in the other sometimes works perfectly whereas sometimes on the transition the craft wont go into opposite pitch and will just go to neutral pitch almost as if the throttle had dropped under 10% although full throttle would still be on.

I'm not sure if this is a know trait with the lite or I have a faulty unit? On the positive side I've found out just quite how indestructible the little F450 is :)

cootertwo

I have 7 Naza Lite's flying perfectly, in different rigs, from mini 250's to a 550 hex. However, my last 2 Naza Lite's have been giving me all kinds of problems. Yes, on these last 2, I've had some of the same problems you describe. Nose over in forward flight, OK, but pull back, and only goes to a slightly back tilt. Like NO BRAKES! And I have one unit scheduled to be returned to where I purchased it, though I doubt they give me a refund. Just got another brand new Lite yesterday, set it up in a HK250, and it's a real mess. Going to hook up the GPS puck today, and see if that makes a difference. With the puck mounted, the Naza Lite will go through it's warm up cycle, etc. Where without, it just seems to fire up, with no delay? My other 7 Lite's, were flying fine, right out of the box, no tweaking required. I wonder if they (DJI) changed something?

henrysj

Cheers for the reply cootertwo, that is exactly the same problem, I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue but sorry to hear your having to deal with it to! Please keep us posted if the GPS makes a difference otherwise I might trying sending mine back too but doubtful of any positive outcome if the A2 is anything to go by. Luckly manual mode is all okay and this is what I really got it for.

cootertwo

Well, no luck. With GPS hooked up, it will hold position, (sorta, toilet bowls, then settles down to 2' to 3' hold), but acts as if it's drunk when flying around! AND, I'm not getting the rapid green flashes after warm up, like all my other Lite's. I just get 3 green flashes, and then starts flashing how many sats, and what mode it's in. I even hooked up one of my other Lite's, to see what PID's I had, and matched them with this new unit, (80 across the top, and 70 on the bottom) no big change.Yes, manual works, but heck, I can get the same thing with a $20 multiwi. SOMETHING has changed, and I'm totally baffled, and pissed! I've tried soooo many different combinations, and settings, that I don't know where to go next, cept maybe the chit can! "HELP" The other Lite that I plan on returning, must have something loose inside, as it will occasionally setup fine, then all at once, go wacky, full throttle, no throttle response, full bank one way or the other, on and on. NEVER EVER had this much problem with any of my other 7 Naza Lites.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
I built an F450 with a Naza M V2 during Bart's group build and it flies beautifully and I had relatively few problems with the build for a newby (with lots of help from the forum, of course). I have had so much fun with it that I have agreed to do a project with one of my grandsons to build a quad with/for him. One thing I have learned about grandson projects is to make sure you have your act together before launching - less frustrations during the project that way. So I decided to do a "prebuild" with the following setup

Flite Test Anyquad kit for the quad body (easy to replace broken parts)
Naza M Lite with GPS (GPS makes it easier for a youngster to fly)
DJI E300 motors and ESCs
JR 9503 TX with a Spektrum AR610 6 ch RX (will probably get something like a Spektrum DX 6i for the grandson)

It all went together quite well and actually flies OK - it will be a good project.

However, there seems to be a couple of weird things going on with the Naza Lite. I have, of course, checked all the hookups, settings, etc multiple times and all seems to be correct as per the DJI manual. But, first, I have not been able to get the Naza to go into compass calibration mode. No matter how many times I flip the flight mode switch the correct lights don't appear. It does appear to fly fine without calibration so I haven't worried too much about it. Second, on startup, it never goes through the light sequencing that it should and it never seems to look for satellites (no blinking red lights). It goes directly and instantly to the single green or yellow "ready to go" light. It appears that the GPS is working fine while flying and I guess it's possible that it finds the sats quickly but that never happens with the V2. None of this is a killer problem for what I'm doing but I thought I'd fish for comments/solutions since I've seen some other comments along the same lines in the past. I guess the real question is the thread title.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I do have a TX programming problem that I'll post on a another thread.

darwin-t

Did you set the measurements for the position of the GPS/Compass module from the center of gravity? The NAZA manual tells you how to do it and also shows what adjustments to make for the toilet bowl effect. Also, the NAZA must be mounted very securely, not upside down, and the motor ports must face the front of the quad

Sorry if this is already known by you. I learned all of this reading the 450 build thread, watching the video connected with it and reading the NAZA Lite manual. I want to build a 550

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Did you set the measurements for the position of the GPS/Compass module from the center of gravity? The NAZA manual tells you how to do it and also shows what adjustments to make for the toilet bowl effect. Also, the NAZA must be mounted very securely, not upside down, and the motor ports must face the front of the quad

Sorry if this is already known by you. I learned all of this reading the 450 build thread, watching the video connected with it and reading the NAZA Lite manual. I want to build a 550

Yep, did all that and checked it all multiple times - thanks

henrysj

BTW, All E RC replaced my funky Naza Lite no charge, and the new one works perfect, so I guess there is a lemon, here and there.

Cheers cootertwo - good to know, spoke to quadcopters.co.uk and they said they would send it back to DJI with a 2/3 week turn around - its just a pain parting with it for that long

Aee74

I have a naza m lite / gps. My naza will not hold still in the air. It dances up and down while hovering. Is it broke?