NAZA help please I'm stuck and frustrated.

boa1

Hey Everyone!

First let me say I have been bitten by the multi rotor bug big time. Instead of buying a phantom...I decided to build my own quad...and am very excited cuz I've been working on it for months...waiting for parts etc...and I'm finally almost there!!!

Ive been stuck with one problem that I can't figure out...its truly driving me crazy!!!!

I decided on the NAZA M Lite as my controller. I got a flysky FS-TH8X radio. What I'm trying to do is set up the NAZA with the radio with the NAZA assistant software. Im mostly using youtube videos to walk me through the process.

After properly powering on NAZA, launching NAZA assistant software, choosing quadcopter, ect, I get to the screen that you calibrate here is how I have the NAZA plunged into the receiver:

1- Aileron

2-Elevators

3-Throttle

4-Rudder

6-U (flight mode)

7-x1 (gimbal pitch remote gain)

8- x2 (remote gain 2)

after MANY attempts, I'm sure I finally plugged everything in correctly, with positive-negative 3 pin servos seated correctly between the NAZA and the Flysky reciever. I used a great youtube video to set up the Flysky radio with my exact setup.

Here is the issue;

when I get to the TX monitor 3 command sticks calibration screen, the NAZA assistant does see the TX. When I move the control sticks around, all everything responds EXCEPT ELEVATOR. Elevator moves to the middle, turns green, but has no response whatsoever ti stick input. Everything else (aileron, throttle, etc) behaves normally. At first I thought it was a receiver issue, but now I don't think so because when I plug E to a different channel on the receiver it does the same thing.

Could it be a problem with the NAZA unit? I have calibrated the radio...ect. any help would be greatly appreciated as when I get this solved, ill be on my way to my maiden flight of my first quad build....and I couldn't be more excited!!!

TahoeTim

doubt it

the Naza is doing what it's told and I would guess your travel range in your transmitter is too small on elevator or more likely you have a 3 position switch wired to what you think is elevator. Play with all your switches and knobs to see if the bar moves.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
does the radio have a built in monitor? is the radio new? if you have a servo to use for testing, plug it into the Elevator port on the receiver and see if it moves. if everything else is working, and judging from the fact that you wrote a clear and well organized description of the problem I'd guess you wired it correctly but the channel is dead coming from the radio. most newer radios will have a monitor function built in so that you can view what the outputs of the channels are.

Maybe Tim is correct but that would be my guess.
Bart

cootertwo

I wouldn't be blaming anything right off the bat. I know after all this time, getting parts, and putting everything together, you just can't wait to get it in the air. However, at least with my 65 year old self, there is a learning curve, and a lot of wires to hook up, and calibrations/adjustments to be made. Most times when I hit a road block, I'll just put it away for a day or two, and do some more reading. Sometimes a thought will come while I'm trying to sleep. Did I put that wire here, or there? etc. etc. I have several Naza Lites, and out of 7 or 8, only had 1 that was acting strange, and I got it replaced by the vendor, and all is well. I have one of those Flysky radio's, TH9X, but I have it linked to a different flight controller. All my Lites are linked to my Spektrum radios. You'll get it figured out, for me, that's half the fun.:)