Naza gains seem useless?

tomb18

Hi
I don't seem to be able to make any sense out of the naza gains. There are two sets of gains. The general, and the atti. I have yet to see an explanation about the difference. Why two sets? Which do you do first?
What do you do if there is a wobble at default gain settings? Try as I may, I don't seem to get anywhere.
Thanks for any advice,
Tom

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey Tom,

By default gains do you mean 100% or the ones in the manual?

I found the ones in the manual way too high. 100% is too low and would cause a wobble.

I have mine roughly around 140% across the board if that helps.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Hi
I don't seem to be able to make any sense out of the naza gains. There are two sets of gains. The general, and the atti. I have yet to see an explanation about the difference.

General affects how quickly the aircraft returns to level flight. Atti affects how quickly the aircraft responds to stick inputs.

Naza tuning is a little dumbed down but it tends to work okay.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
You can end up with two types of wobbles... low frequency or high frequency. Since yours is on default settings I'm assuming it's low frequency.

If that's the case, start bumping up your General gains about 5-10% at a time until it's gone. Others have had more experience than I, but in my experience Naza is usually forgiving enough that you can be pretty far off of the ideal gains and still be flyable.

Usually a low frequency, slow wobble is the result of your General (or Basic) gains being too low; a high frequency, twitchy wobble is the result of them being too high.

YMMV, I'm not an expert ;)