Naza Firmware 4.02 now released

Paul881

I see that Dji have now released new firmware:

http://www.dji.com/download/naza-m-v2-downloads/

Are there any brave souls out there who have upgraded to this latest release who would like to comment on performance? It is supposed to have fixed the boundary flight limit issue in v.4.0.

i am still on version 3.14 as v.3.16 put me off with the advanced calibration error message about the FCU being too hot so I went back to the version that worked well for me before (and has ever since).

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Have not done so yet but will do it on one of mine today, have been running V4.0 and it has been very good.

Pete

cinefly

I have upgraded to 4.02 and am having funny yaw issues. Frame has no vibration (hard mounted a gopro to the frame and recorded test flight, not a hint of vibration to be seen) Then I thought it might be motor alignment as it is a hexa Y6 but checked them again today and then flew and same issue. yaw to the left and copter rotates left and then back to the right, ywa to the right and the copter rotates right and keeps on going once stick input has stopped. I have not had this fc on the hex a Y6 before but was running it on a CX4 with an earlier fw and assistant software and had no issues. Can anyone recommend a good fw for me to return too?
Thanks
Kat

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Loaded it onto my TBS Discovery with Naza-M V1 and had a 5 minute fly around the back yard, all seemed quite solid, no yaw issues and even with limited view of the sky in the backyard it grabbed GPS lock just fine.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Now loaded onto my TBS Discovery Pro as well, had a five minute fly in the backyard, everything seemed okay, may get a chance to have a decent fly in the morning or tomorrow afternoon.

Pete

TAPPEDOUT

My Naza v1 with 4.02 seems fine on my DJI 450 stock with Gemfan props. Seemed very locked in even with GPS off. Set ceiling at 36 meters to try and worked well.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I upgraded Both units ( Qav540G and F-550 with tarot2d Gimbal )today and 4 flights on both today no problems

Both are V1 units with V2 pmu and v1 led and v1 gps

Lite +gps on qav4 also rock solid

airship

just updated one of my V1... only a quick test on the garden and seems ok; the only thinks i feel different is the take off , now is not at the middle of the trottle stick. any ideas?

STI-REX

Gettin Old
just updated one of my V1... only a quick test on the garden and seems ok; the only thinks i feel different is the take off , now is not at the middle of the trottle stick. any ideas?

That Is the auto take off to hover which is one of the updates from a few updates back

Arm as normal place throttles stick to center and it will rise to a hover @ approx 1-1.5mtrs

This only works in ATTI or GPS mode in manual mode you can take off as normal

Only way to disable is manual mode or roll back the firmware to an older version

cpmboy

I mean mixed bag sorry...well...what I meant was just like other fw ver before this has a mixed result (some ok some are not ok) and it makes you (& me) wonder wether its ok to upgrade to this fw...

Tim Green

Cinefly ... Both my v1 and my v2, on any firmware, show a bit of ccw yawing after a command to yaw either ccw or cw completes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Had a couple of good flights with the new 4.02 firmware on my TBS Discovery Pro yesterday, not bad, no problems I could see other than my dumb thumbs, bit more tuning to do though.

Will upload a video soon, it was about as perfect a day to fly as you could have asked.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

simondorr

simondorr
Can't believe that 4.02 was released that long ago. I have been using Naza-M V1 upgraded with the PMU2 on an older version of firmware (I forget which) with no problems. Just built a Hex with Naza-M V2 and having problems in that the FC won't switch to Failsafe when I turn my TX off. Set safety for throttle to go to 60% which works but the controller remains in GPS-Atti or Atti and does not flip to failsafe. Decided to go back to the quad to look at firmware, settings etc and was prompted to upgrade to Firmware 4.02, so I did. Now the motors won't start and it won't flip to failsafe either though the throttle will go to 60% as set during the binding process. Really puzzled as to what is going on here not least because all was working on the Hex last night prior to its planned maiden flight today. Needles to say without failsafe I didn't take off. Grateful for any help guys.

simondorr

simondorr
Problem solved (at least that one). I was binding in the wrong mode i.e. not removing the bind plug before turning the TX on in bind mode, odd that the throttle failsafe worked!? Many thanks for your response Zaidy, I picked up your message via email but don't seem to be able to read it here.

More problems ensue. Had four really difficult flights yesterday resulting in a minor crash and damage to one of the skids. All gains were at 100%, I had planned to gradually increase them rather than go too high and have to reduce them. This did not work as the Hex kept on getting into a state of oscillation resulting in a rapid return to earth, luckily as they were the first flights I kept the altitude to no more than 10 feet.

Changed the gains for the recommended settings for the F550 running initially on a 3S battery and took the air again today. I had a successful 6 min flight with a 3S 2200mah with a really gentle and controlled landing and only a minute hint of oscillation which I was planning to slowly eliminate by adjusting the gains. Decided to run on a 4S and initially everything was the same, very smooth and again only a slight hint of oscillation then she started oscillating which got worse ending in a roll of death and just dropped out of the sky. Just before I could hear an alarm from the Hex, not sure what this was. I did have a low battery alarm fitted but I checked the battery afterwards and it still had 78%. The link for the video is below, the stats are as follows:
Tarot Iron Man 680 Frame
Naza-M V2 4.02 firmware
T-Motor 35 Amp SimonK 600MHz ESCs
13 x 4 CF Props
AX-2810Q 750KV Motors from Hobbyking
Zippy 4S 2200mah 40C Battery
Basic Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170, Yaw 150, Vertical 140
Attitude Gain: Pitch 170, Roll 170
Amazingly not a huge amount of damage done. Video link: http://youtu.be/AG4LEwpgcns

As usual any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

New Pilot
its been a long time since DJI released any updates for the M V2, I'm wondering if we will ever see any new features ? I'm guessing there will be an update sooner rather than later to "Fix" ability to install on the lite.

alidu63

Hello to all of you . I tell you my personal experience . I have updated the firmware to 4.0.2 and I reset before all the parameters and then I reprogrammed and recalibrated everything. The flight appeared to me very unstable . In Gps I had serious problems after the engagement of the satellites . I had to reset manually. In even worse attitude . Siu -packaging of a sudden. I have seen and reviewed all the parameters , configuration seems ok . I calibrated everything. Even the IMU . But nothing . Always very unstable . Before he flew very well . Sorry for my English . I Am Italian.