NAZA Failsafe question... anyone know?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Does the NAZA failsafe work if you are flying in manual mode or only for attitude and GPS mode? I know you need to have the GPS antenna in order to enable the feature (RTH) but once you have the full setup I'm not sure that if you are flying in manual mode and lose your signal that it'll enable the failsafe and return to home? Anyone know 100% for sure? I don't want to be 2 miles out in manual mode and lose my model because I didn't know it only works in GPS or Att mode :) Thanks!!

maxwelltub

I believe you must be in gps mode. But you might field this question in the Naza, or dji specific thread because I dont want to steer you wrong.

RobertsUp

Wow. Yours is a good question. I wouldn't try testing it to find out. Not sure if you'll get a reply from anyone knowing 100% sure. So far as I know, manual disables gps. Seems that only the most skilled, experienced fliers would ever try to fly in manual mode out that far away. You must be one of those rare gifted pilots.

Does the NAZA failsafe work if you are flying in manual mode or only for attitude and GPS mode? I know you need to have the GPS antenna in order to enable the feature (RTH) but once you have the full setup I'm not sure that if you are flying in manual mode and lose your signal that it'll enable the failsafe and return to home? Anyone know 100% for sure? I don't want to be 2 miles out in manual mode and lose my model because I didn't know it only works in GPS or Att mode :) Thanks!!

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Based on my setup and what I see in the assistant, if you turn the transmitter off while in manual mode (loss of signal test), the assistant shows the slider moving and highlighting fail safe. If you have fail safe setup on a switch, which I do, when in manual mode when I hit the switch it goes into fail safe also. This works with my current setup with an Airtronics SD10-G, and a prior setup with with my DX7. I have a Naza M V1, firmware version 3.16. You should be able to verify your setups by testing in the assistant.

Does the NAZA failsafe work if you are flying in manual mode or only for attitude and GPS mode?

Yes, it can be set to do that.
I just tested mine and it will work in the GPS and Manual mode if you have the receiver and the NAZA preset to failsafe according to the instructions.
On my DX8 I have the FS activated by the Throttle Hold switch and I preset the Rx to go to failsafe with no signal.