Naza DX8 Orange 9ch bind problems

Drone On

I have started a build on a f550 and all was going well, I was following a youtube video by west coast in the states on setting up a naza with failsafe etc to which I did and it looked pretty good I managed to get the fail safe programmed as shown on there vid. Then I noticed my x1 (Aux 3 on my DX8 controller ) decided not to register on the assistant whereas initially it did.
So I decided that a re-bind was in order and that's where it went wrong. So now none of the throttle flaps toggle switches respond and a' X1 err' is showing up on the asistant.
I have done a re-install of the naza m assistant and found that recently DJI released an upgrade so can`t get the same assistant software working, now I have the latest Version 3 as opposed to 2.02
Any road I have re-bound many times in the vain effort to get the assistant to recognise the throttle and controls but it doesn`t , it appears to bind ok light flashing accordingly but I can`t seem get the sticks to register once bound and hooked up to the aistant.
I have trawled the web forums and youtube without much joy, so was wondering if you had any ideas.

I had initially bound to a orange 9 channel to my DX8 but that didn`t register the sticks so I tried a spectrum receiver and the same trouble occurred not registering the Throttle and rudder sticks, Does any body have any advice I.e reset the transmitter etc Thanks in advance

MikeyJ

I'm interested in the outcome of your dilemma. Not sure mine is the same, but I can't seem to get the sticks to work after upgrading my NAZA firmware (to 3.12) w/ my DX8. Did the whole re-bind routine and nothing. I'm getting a Red, Green, Yellow blink on the LED of the VU. I'm indoors so I don't expect the GPS to find satellites properly. My gimbal control does work, but that's it.

Drone On

I have managed to get it to bind using the spectrum AR8000 receiver. I did however install the Naza M software updated version yesterday 21 may 2013 before trying to re-bind. and this time its worked but the naza M comes up with ERR 29 which is TX throttle stick range error. I will now try to sort that out and let you know how I get on.

Drone On

All transmitter sub trims are() I have created a new model and bind in airplane model. still I am experiencing a TX throttle problem in that is always goes to 50% upon initial boot up. I see that it is linked to the error 29 shown in the picture. I have followed the error message instruction to set throttle to 50% then power cycle the naza unit. the result is that the throttle does go to 0% on start up which is good, but then when I turn off and disconnect - reconnect it goes back to starting at 50%View attachment 11957 Issue The throttle TX stick calibration is the issue and this stops the arming of the motors because the mid point error is too big. I have tried to change the travel without success. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• tx calibration problem and error 29.jpg
    tx calibration problem and error 29.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 298

Drone On

Problem solved....... I am happy to report that due to my own stupidity the THRO-ELEV wires were inverted and hence the naza was wired incorrectly from the receiver. the build is going a lot smoother now and I have stopped scratching my head, oh happy days....... until I CRA$&*.....cheers guys.