Naza Assistant not downloading correctly to windows 10

MaverickX1

This is my first "big boy" copter so I thought id be smart and get a well known, tried and true kit. I purchased a DJI F45o + Naza M V2 kit and got to work. I assembled the copter and hooked up the wiring with help from lots of threads on this site and the DJI youtube videos. I bound my AT9 transmitter and R9D receiver and connected it the FC (x2 slot) with the SBus setup. Everything seemed fine. The transmitter shows that it is getting a strong signal from the receiver, and the receiver showed it was all good (steady purple-ish light).
Since everything seemed like it was working correctly I decided to go to the next step and hook it up to the Naza assistant. I followed the instructions on the Naza M quick start up guide, turned on transmitter, hooked up the copter with the USb cable (green light on Remont LED), but when I went to open the program I hit a snag. The yellow bar in the middle of the load screen only goes about 3/4 of the way and I get a "skip" option.
After hitting the "skip" button the program opens and I get a prompt to download the latest version of firmware even though I just downloaded the latest version of firmware(?). Ignoring that, I notice that the lights on the bottom left of the progam screen aren't lit up. I click the "motor test" button and I get a "Please connect to the controller!" prompt. Ignoring thatI try to calibrate my Tx and none of my sliders are moving. Its getting frustrating, I've been messing around with it since last night.

Can anyone help me out with this? I have idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks guys!