Naza and S-Bus Question.

Bradatech

Hi Folks, since someone mentioned the 8FG, I have a question about the included 8 channel receiver. Since the 8FG supports 14 channels and only 8 channels on the included receiver, is it possible to have the S-BUS signal going out map to CH1 through CH8 of the TX, but have CH9 through 14 map to physical receiver servo outputs?

If not then it looks like I need the expensive 14 all physical servo receiver in order to support all 14 channels?

thanks in advance

Yves

modles

Nerdlinger
Yep you sure can. If you look in your manual you will see that you can change the receiver mode by holding in the little push button on power up. You can then assign channels 9+ on the normal outputs. I think it's mode 4 but check!

This means you can use all those channels! You can even then use camera pitch and fly home switch ( which would normally clash as both use x2 on wookong ) by using a simple v-tail mixer.

Bradatech,
It may not be as easy as some think, especially with the existing 8 channel receiver. But there are other solutions.... some good.....and some that can cost much more and add a lot of weight. One way to take advantage of the remaining Tx channels is this Futaba S.bus compatible 12 channel receiver. http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-tfr4sb-fasst-sbus-receiver.html

Also check out the following topic on this forum about these issues...see message 5 re: some limitations with some other rc controlled outputs such as Zenmuse (specific to s.bus).
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-using-8FG-tx-and-R6208SB-rx-S800-and-Zenmuse

Bradatech

thanks alot for the added info Peter. I've checked out the thread you listed and will work it out with the mentioned recommendations. I am hooking up both a Z15 and WKM so much appreciated!

You're welcome...... BTW.... DJI sells the 900Mhz and the 5.8Ghz Ground Control Stations which use a PC to emulate conventional RC radios systems plus all the advantages of using Google Earth, click to go and/or multiple waypoints. If they have not yet programmed it to take control of the Zenmuse as well, I would be surprised. I bought one 900Mhz system but have been waiting a considerable time for my dealer to get me the required serial number change up to get it working. Hopefully it all works out and soon!!!!!

Bradatech

You're welcome...... BTW.... DJI sells the 900Mhz and the 5.8Ghz Ground Control Stations which use a PC to emulate conventional RC radios systems plus all the advantages of using Google Earth, click to go and/or multiple waypoints.

Yeah I know, we sell it http://shop.bradatech.com and it's 2.4Ghz not 5.8Ghz. Works really well too.

We usually get the unlock code within 48 hours. keep pressing your dealer ;)

Hi all,

I understand all this and I like the idea of the S-Bus, but I cannot seem to setup forced failsafe on a switch on my futaba T8J transmitter for a Naza-M GPS, using the default U to ch 7. (I've got a DJI 550)
Is there a simple way to do this?

Many thanks for any help...

emgee44

Emgee
Hi all,

Can I ask if any one here using the S-BUS with their Naza, has noticed any problems with the unit switching from the the flight modes? I have a T8J with a R2008SB receiver and initially set this up on my F450 using S-BUS. However I noticed in the assistant software, having set up the my 3 way switch for flight modes, that it would after a short while, get jittery and jump from one mode to the other. I emailed DJI and my dealer Quadcopters.UK (no reply from either) but finally got a reply from OnlyFlyingMachines and they seem to confirm this was a known issue with some Futaba RX units, has anyone here experienced this and has it had any effect on your machines?

I've sinced wired my up quad the conventional way and it fly's fine but would like to know either way.

This is not a DJI Naza or Wkm issue.
It's jittery because of a RC transmitter configuration issue..... your TX parameters are set to close to the edge...... please go to Jon Desjardin's Youtube videos on this topic.... look for Futaba setup1 and setup2......

Hi all,

Can I ask if any one here using the S-BUS with their Naza, has noticed any problems with the unit switching from the the flight modes? I have a T8J with a R2008SB receiver and initially set this up on my F450 using S-BUS. However I noticed in the assistant software, having set up the my 3 way switch for flight modes, that it would after a short while, get jittery and jump from one mode to the other. I emailed DJI and my dealer Quadcopters.UK (no reply from either) but finally got a reply from OnlyFlyingMachines and they seem to confirm this was a known issue with some Futaba RX units, has anyone here experienced this and has it had any effect on your machines?

I've sinced wired my up quad the conventional way and it fly's fine but would like to know either way.

emgee44

Emgee
This is not a DJI Naza or Wkm issue.
It's jittery because of a RC transmitter configuration issue..... your TX parameters are set to close to the edge...... please go to Jon Desjardin's Youtube videos on this topic.... look for Futaba setup1 and setup2......

Many thanks Peter, will check it out.

boba7523

Hi Folks, since someone mentioned the 8FG, I have a question about the included 8 channel receiver. Since the 8FG supports 14 channels and only 8 channels on the included receiver, is it possible to have the S-BUS signal going out map to CH1 through CH8 of the TX, but have CH9 through 14 map to physical receiver servo outputs?

If not then it looks like I need the expensive 14 all physical servo receiver in order to support all 14 channels?

thanks in advance

Yves

Bradatech,
It may not be as easy as some think, especially with the existing 8 channel receiver. But there are other solutions.... some good.....and some that can cost much more and add a lot of weight. One way to take advantage of the remaining Tx channels is this Futaba S.bus compatible 12 channel receiver. http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-tfr4sb-fasst-sbus-receiver.html

Also check out the following topic on this forum about these issues...see message 5 re: some limitations with some other rc controlled outputs such as Zenmuse (specific to s.bus).
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-using-8FG-tx-and-R6208SB-rx-S800-and-Zenmuse

Bumping this thread up. So just to reconfirm...

This isn't possible? Meaning 1-9 can be plugged in via S bus but 10-14 cannot plug in using the servos?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
To get the widest possible options for the Futaba T8FG Super, you need a 14 channel s.bus receiver and the new DJI A2 FC has a 14 channel receiver already built in to it but mapping all the channels can still be a challenge.
You can still map channels 10, 11 and 12 thru from Tx to Rx output channels directly and bypass the FC as long as channels 10,11 and 12 are not assigned to s.bus.

boba7523

To get the widest possible options for the Futaba T8FG Super, you need a 14 channel s.bus receiver and the new DJI A2 FC has a 14 channel receiver already built in to it but mapping all the channels can still be a challenge.
You can still map channels 10, 11 and 12 thru from Tx to Rx output channels directly and bypass the FC as long as channels 10,11 and 12 are not assigned to s.bus.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i didn't mention, I will be using Frsky Taranis and the Frsky X8R receiver with S Bus. Want to use it with Naza-M V2. Would the application still be the same?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Not sure.... not familiar with the Taranis and out of touch now with Naza.... using the DJI A2 now.
Anyone else out that that can answer this question?