XAircraft My x650 Pro Super X is on its way !!!!

wbrownj

Title says it all really but I am so excited I can hardly contain myself.

I have been looking forward to getting this quad for some time now and finally it is all coming together.
Normally I would not mind building it myself, but since the price included a free build service and since I am holing it into my DX8 I thought I would avail of the services of the professionals and get it all set up and test flown so that I know it is just so. First thing I will do when I get it is to write the settings of the DX8 onto a flash card so I will always be able to get back to square one if necessary.

I have already got a couple of lipos, a lipo alarm (just to be safe), a set of CF blades and some spotlights for better orientation ready and waiting to be fitted.

BTW what is the recommended voltage that I should set the alarms to go off at for a 4S 14.8v 5000mah lipo?

Well, I guess the earliest it would be with me is by Friday so until then I will just have to contain myself.

Jonathan

demith Paul

This all started as a hobby when my Dad gave me a cheap 3CH helicopter and I caught the bug hard. Since that time I have been on a long (rc helicopters) journey and quest to find an affordable and high quality platform for shooting aerial photos and videos.

wbrownj

Re bitten by the bug.. Yes me too. I started with helis and progressed through quite a few up to and align trex 500. Then i got a hubsan micro quad and a whole new experience (not to mention expense) opened up. I now fly my hubsan and my dji phantom but TODAY i will receive my x 650 Pro (finally - there were a few delays in getting it together) so i am all excited again !!!

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Ready To Buy, Need Help

I am ready to make a purchase. My budget is max $1300 I almost bought the 3Drobotics Y6 or X8 last week as they had a great special including the Hero3 Black edition. But then it was suggested I wait for the Iris I am just not sure what I should do. I want something that handles well, stable in the air, return to home option and able to do Autonomous flights. I was hoping to install some type of FPV and was told 1.3ghz is the best? but I don't know that so I am open to help. Will it cause any problems with the GPS? At first I was waiting for the phantom Vision, but for the price I thought maybe I should get something that can be modified and have different options? Also I noticed Flame Wheel-550 V2 DX7 Ready To Fly Combo from Atlanta hobby. Any suggestions would be appreciated

wbrownj

The eagle has landed!!! My XA 650 Pro superX is now home and is an absolutely wonderful thing... I haven't even flown it yet ... LOL.
For those in the UK, Sportsmoto.co.uk were really good to deal with and very helpful in sorting out my requirements.

I have this evening fitted two very high quality Tx controlled front facing white spotlights to aid orientation. These are seriously nice lights so if you want a link, just let me know. When I get a chance I will try and post a video of it.

After such a long wait, I am a very happy bunny with my new toy. Can't wait to fly but first I have to learn all the superX led blinks.

J

J

rwilabee

I think you have to have a ham radio license for 1.3 ghz FPV here in the States..

I am ready to make a purchase. My budget is max $1300 I almost bought the 3Drobotics Y6 or X8 last week as they had a great special including the Hero3 Black edition. But then it was suggested I wait for the Iris I am just not sure what I should do. I want something that handles well, stable in the air, return to home option and able to do Autonomous flights. I was hoping to install some type of FPV and was told 1.3ghz is the best? but I don't know that so I am open to help. Will it cause any problems with the GPS? At first I was waiting for the phantom Vision, but for the price I thought maybe I should get something that can be modified and have different options? Also I noticed Flame Wheel-550 V2 DX7 Ready To Fly Combo from Atlanta hobby. Any suggestions would be appreciated

wbrownj

Sorry to but in! but you can't compare a Phantom in any guise to an X650 total different league all together :)

David

David is right they are world apart. I love both my Phantom and my xa650 pro but they have very different 'feels' when you fly them.
I got the Phantom first... to learn the ropes so to speak ...and it is quite gentle and forgiving but then flight times are quite short and by the time I had added a gimbal and various upgrades I KNEW that I would outgrow it and that I needed something more professional. I am really only a hobby flier but I get much longer flight time out of my xa650 and it is just more precise in every respect and the build quality is really nice. SuperX is also very good. I have added spot lights and the gaui gv100 fpv system to it which I am still testing

I still love my phantom but it is now primarily for 'fun' flying. When I took it to the flying field there were other hexa flyers there and I let them have a fly on the phantom and they really thought it was a great machine.

Which do I like best? Well the xa650 Pro is FAR more expensive and the quality shines through so it is my favourite.... But the phantom was my first and I do NOT regret its purchase at all. In short I am very happy to have both

Jonathan