My stealth Phantom

cootertwo

No Pics yet, just got it back together! I got tired of all the flashing lights, etc. on my Phantom ver 1.1.1, that I use for FPV flying around my property. Don't like drawing attention. Soooo, I tore it apart this morning, removed all the green and red led's from the ESC's, left the 4 lens' off to allow more cooling, installed a Spektrum AR6200 receiver, w/remote receiver, ran my power wires out the side, cut the battery door to allow the battery leads to be exposed, while still having the door closed (where my FPV camera is mounted), calibrated the ESC's, bound my DX7s (DX8 on the way), and "she's alive"!
Flew a battery out in the yard. Now to go to the hardware store, for some camo paint! Yeehaa !!!!:02.47-tranquillity::nevreness::shame:

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Like the attitude!

But recommend gray paint to hide in the sky. Camo only hides it from you when you've dumped it in the weeds...

cootertwo

So far, I've only done my flying around my one acre jungle. About 50 BIG trees, all kinds of shrubbery. No sky here, all under tree canopy. I like to sit on my back deck, and fly all the way around the house (mobile home). Out the driveway, look up and down the street, fly back around to the back, and a little more, then it's battery time. So the camo will do nicely.

cootertwo

OK, I'm likin it! Moved the power lead out the side of the Phantom, my video TX and a Mobius mounted to the GoPro mount. Still have some wiring to do. I'm using a 12 volt video camera, so I'm grabbing 12 volts from the lead supplied with the ver 1.1.1 Phantoms. Will power the video TX from a fat shark power converter run off the balance lead from the main battery. Cut the battery door and frame, to allow the leads to be on the outside, when the door is closed. This also allows use of a slightly larger battery (2600). Also a tid bit for those that install a different 2.4 RX, (I'm using a Spektrum w/remote RX) "run a servo extension out from the bind connection, so you don't have to take the Phantom back apart to bind"

View attachment 17747View attachment 17748View attachment 17749

Attachments

• IMGP5857.JPG
    IMGP5857.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMGP5861.JPG
    IMGP5861.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMGP5863.JPG
    IMGP5863.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 341

jbrumberg

I like it, and the idea for increased air flow for cooling. Those prop guards could work for and against you as it relates to those branches around your place. Good stuff thanks for sharing.