My Phantom 2 is going crazy!

df707

DF707
Hey guys! I am in desperate need of help! Just purchased my phantom 2. I have the zen. 3axis gimble attached to it. First 3-4 flights were awesome! Yesterday I took it to a site to grab some shots and went through the preflight set up and away I went. After getting it a foot off the ground the aircraft began to gain altitude at a pretty fast pace and simultaneously head south east. It got 30 feet in the air and was heading towards a neighborhood so I decided to power it off in the empty parking lot while right around the 30 foot hight mark. It fell and destroyed a pillar. (Remember I made this call because it was 100% not responsive and failsafe did not work. I never had a crash before this. I was paranoid and decided to do the repair myself. I ordered a new motor, not because it did not operate after the crash but because I was paranoid there was so thin wrong with it. Correct motor came in a replaced it and installed a new shell (shell first ;)). Did a advanced Cali. After it was all back together I took it out side went through the pre flight. Took off. And it worked great! Ran it through the batteries and landed it. Later that day I did the same exact thing and boom it started taking off in the same direction before and running away exactly like the first time of the wreck. This thing is brand new and I'm literally scared to fly it! This last time I flew it I ran got under it and killed the engine and caught it cut me pretty good but better than loosing 2500$ in equipment. One last thing. I put new props on it and it took off and held altitude but when I put the input to bring it back down it started spinning yawing. I need to figure this out ASAP!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 303

photobobga

Not the answer you may be looking for but did you contact the dealer that sold you the Phantom and ask them for support?

IM0001

I am guessing you have not changed any settings in the Phantom Assistant app since you got the P2, so you are still flying in Phantom mode only correct? Were you sure to calibrate the compass correctly before taking off, as well as waiting for green lights only? Have you tried flying in ATTI mode instead of GPS mode during any of these weird incidents? (Position 2 on the RIGHT switch)