My new Y6 CC

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Just finished building my Y6.A bit of tidying up and finishing off to do.
Frame is a Rusty UAP-1,18 AMP esc,4s battery,with some cheapo 10" props for now ,as Electricwingman seems low on stock.

Weighs 1.63kg, 2.12kg with 1x 4s battery.

Not flown yet ,as it dark and windy outside.Hope those torxpowers are man enough ,it feels quite heavy(not weighed it).

View attachment 2047View attachment 2048View attachment 2049

Only spooled it up in the kitchen so far,the esc that carries ground and power seems quite warm.

Hopefully get some testing in over the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20120106_225642.jpg
    IMG_20120106_225642.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_20120106_225737.jpg
    IMG_20120106_225737.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20120106_225759.jpg
    IMG_20120106_225759.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:

matwelli

Looks very nice - ESP the wires in the arms

Please don't fly it like that.
The bec in the esc is rated at 2 amps with a 7.4 volt suppl on 14.8 volts it will get very hot and either shut down or catch fire, seen it happen

Please run a seperate battery or sbec for the electronics

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
thanks Mat.do i need a seperate esc to power the board. what would you recommend?

sent from my phone using my finger.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
guess I'll have to use a splitter, as all the servo ports are taken ?

sent from my phone using my finger.

matwelli

servo ports on the FC board? You could plug it into a spare port on the receiver, or on one of the esc plugs where you have removed the red and black wire, just inset the red and pack pins from the BEC

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
got ya,thanks:)

Just waiting for the SBEC to arrive.Of course I meant ESC pins,just openpilot describes them as servo ports(heli thing).

Typically there is no wind here today when I could be testing.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
She flies...:)

Just managed to squeeze a quick test flight in after work.It was a little breezy and I`m` just using stock configuration for CC at the mo.But at least everything is working reasonably well.Batteries weren`t fully charged ,so I`m not sure what the flight time will be on the 4s.
Only managed this quick flight today,hopefully the weather will be calmer at the weekend.

Sorry about the camera work,just had my wingcam blue tacked to the TX ,and the aerial was in shot.

Thanks to Mat for the tip,fitted the SBEC today.

Last edited by a moderator: