My last filming with my trex 600e

Macsgrafs

Sid, its a front mounted gimbal, it was an askman underslung, but I kept losing orientation when my ASSistant swung the camera, so I converted my 600 to a front mount. I have photos of it on here in my gallery, check it out.

Ross

Macsgrafs

That there Codden Hill used to be our IP for running in to the airfield to the west ;-) Lovely part of the world.

IP...Ingress Point, on the way to Chivenor. My late father was SWO at Chivenor up until 1969, in the days when it was hunters/meteors & vampires. Then it was home to the hawks before Brawdy CO made prince charles the commander in chief, knowing then that they wouldnt shut done Brawdy...Chivenor got the cut, sad time Gary, wish it was still a RAF base instead of a marine base :( Use to have some wicked airshows as well, now its Fairford for the main event.
So tell me gary, what did you do at CV.

Ross

Initial Point, but yes where you started running in basically. I used to make tea and coffee in the tower and the onto 63Sqn as an ops clerk to do more tea and coffee making. Lots of back seat flying though so that was cool. Also quite a few trips with 22. I left there in 86 and was sent north to SCATCC.

Macsgrafs

Initial Point, but yes where you started running in basically. I used to make tea and coffee in the tower and the onto 63Sqn as an ops clerk to do more tea and coffee making. Lots of back seat flying though so that was cool. Also quite a few trips with 22. I left there in 86 and was sent north to SCATCC.

86, I was living in Barnstaple then, like I am now. I fly rc helis with the CO of 22sqn, Olly he's called, great guy. 63sqn hawks, those were the days, did you get any photos Gary from the back seat? Would love to see if you have, even better would be some video ;)

Ross

Well pull up a sandbag.

I did get some photos of somewhere in Wales and lots of Lundy. No video though as they were only the preserve of millionaires then! I remember one of the Kuwaiti students gave his to the his course leader. The legendary Chris Golds was the sim chap then he used to let me have the odd spin in that as well. It really was a top notch place for an 18 year old chap to be. The added bonus of the beach as well. What a base. Very happy memories of it, I shall probably take my sons there this summer and bore them.

Macsgrafs

Dont forget to PM me before coming down here, would be great to meet you. I did think at the time of posting my prvious that vid cams might have been new out & VERY expensive, look how far we have come now! Chris Golds still flies RC at Chivenor as well as painting some great oil paintings.

Ross