My iOSD does not work as it should with my Sony CX730 but it works with my Canon G11

copterfan

Hello friends!

I have a problem with my iOSD. I have tested it with 2 different cameras.

With my Canon G11 does the all work perfectly. The Live view of the camera is shown with the OSD information on my LCD.

Now I put on the same AV-in plug of my iOSD my Sony CX730. Now I have a problem:
I just get the OSD data on the LCD display and no live view of the cam.

If I directly connect to my Sony on the 5.8Ghz transmitter I will get my live view of the cam on the LCD.

Does anyone have an idea or a clue? Does anyone know the problem?
Thx for any answer!

Chris

Tahoe Ed

They have an adapter that fits between the camera and iOSD for cameras that have issues. I would check with your dealer. I just got one last week.

Glad it worked for you copterfan, I've just received the 'SAO' device from my dealer, and.... drum roll.....it doesn't! Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but although the iOSD displays correctly in my goggles, the vga from the camera doesn't. From all the forum chat, it would appear to be a common issue, but one which seems to have been fixed for some, but not for others. I've had my iOSD for about a month now, never flown with it!! Help please! Anybody?? BTW, I'm new to this forum so Hi to y'all. I need to get my head 'round the forum protocols etc, and update my profile, did search the threads, came up with this one from copterfan.
Quad in question is: DWX CX4 with WKm, iOSD, Sony 600 TVL board cam, Gopro Hero 3 White, Fat shark transmitter/attitude goggles, oh and Spektrum DX8.
I recall somebody (Tahoe Ed maybe?) who said that there was a wire the wrong way round when he received his iOSD? I'm not using the Z15 though, so may not be relevant to my setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Yes that was me. You are right it was the connector between the GCU and the iOSD so it would not apply to you. I just got the SAO as well and have not had a chance to play with it yet. I think that there were a few post over on RCG in the Z15 thread about how to connect it up. There was some issue but right now I am not sure what it was. I am just using my Nex5N and no other camera on my S800. I have a Sony on my F450 FPV but I don't use the iOSD with it, I use EagleTree OSD Pro with eTracker and GPS.

Thanks for that Tahoe Ed, I may have to admit defeat with this camera, I bought a Gopro v3 (white) at the same time as the iOSD, of course being a new device, USB composite cables have been scarce (here in UK), so I've not been able to try this camera on the iOSD (got a bespoke mini USB-composite cable from those enterprising folk at Flytron on the way, currently in hands of USPS/GB customs), although everybody says that Gopro v2's work fine (mini jack connector), so fingers crossed. It's been a disapointing month in all, unlike the building & installing/setting up the quad, autopilot & ancilliaries has been a pure pleasure. She hovers very nicely in my back yard, so would love to start fpv'ing over some more challenging terrain sometime soonly :).
Oh, and the frequency control wheel on my brand new FS 'Attitude' gogg's will not move channels down, only up! Anybody else got/had this problem? Looks like an RTB coming up!!

Same problem

Same problem. Iosd no vidéo signal with Sony cx 730...

THis camera arrived today; (gonna try it out later on, fingers crossed) 'WDR700 OSD Color Camera 550 Lines SONY Super HAD II'.
I suppose what I would like from dji, is a list of tested/supported cameras for the iOSD, save a lot of grief. My dealer tells me that the Pixim Seawolf works, but I've seen a thread out there a while back that says it doesn't! Does anybody know if there are 'two' versions of the iOSD? i.e v.1 & v.2? Maybe we could get a definitive list of suppoted cameras as more units are sold, from folk out there perhaps? I have serached the dji help wiki, even that is contradictory and I only found the info about the SAO device from a support thread. Of course I have mailed dji several times, had no reply whatsoever. I call that bad manners, particularly as I've blown well over £1000 on the gear already. :upset:
I'll let you know. If it doesn't work, I may return the unit to my dealer (UK) for checking.

ATB

Andy.

iOSD video out issue

Tried the new camera last night, still won't chuck out any video through this damned gizmo!! I've managed to contact dji support at last, must admit they mailed back within the hour, so, top marks there dji support (don't know why they didn't get my other three or four emails I sent over past few weeks though??!!). THey asked if I was using the 'SAO' module, I have replied that I have indeed tried the SAO module, with no luck. THere are no instructions with the module, so I have assumed that the wire colours are replicated on the output cable, even though they appear to be reversed as it were. (seems logical to me), I have not put a meter on it to test though, I admit.

Andy

P.s interested to hear if your SAO mod works for you!:02.47-tranquillity:

Last edited by a moderator:

THat's good news. DJI are 'working on issue', so at least they acknowledge there is an issue. I wish I had the luxury of trying out another unit, just to see if mine is faulty. my 'dealer' (joke) has cut me adrift, wouldn't give me an RMA, just said I need to talk to dji for RMA! Wont be getting any more of my hard earned I'll tell you!!! He's been no help whatsoever, first told me the Pixim Seawolf didn't work, then in a later email told me it did. I simply asked him for a list of known compatible cameras, so that I could stop wasting my money, as I already purchased two Sony board style cameras. Woe is me.

Actually since posting before Christmas, I've ripped the unit out, I want to get the crate in the air, can't be fussed with all this ******g around. I've shelved it until dji can give me a satisfactory explanation as to what is being done. As for now it's 139 quid's worth of junk.

B

Bengit

THat's good news. DJI are 'working on issue', so at least they acknowledge there is an issue. I wish I had the luxury of trying out another unit, just to see if mine is faulty. my 'dealer' (joke) has cut me adrift, wouldn't give me an RMA, just said I need to talk to dji for RMA! Wont be getting any more of my hard earned I'll tell you!!! He's been no help whatsoever, first told me the Pixim Seawolf didn't work, then in a later email told me it did. I simply asked him for a list of known compatible cameras, so that I could stop wasting my money, as I already purchased two Sony board style cameras. Woe is me.

You not going to Name and Shame?

No, that's not really my style. Tempting as it is, I guess I'll just vote with my feet as usual. Actually, i've kind of given up down that pathway, I did speak to him again, and he offered to look at the device for me, but I'm not sure if that will solve anything. I now understand that DJI have released the 'Mark 2', so am awaiting the firmware upgrade for my mark one, see if that makes any difference. I've got the rig up in the air, so am just getting used to flying fpv at the moment, see what happens in a month or so.
CHeers.