Mikrokopter My Hexa XL Slowly Climbs at Mid Stick

Bullseye

My JR9303 radio has a self-centering throttle stick. I want it that way so I can keep the Hexa XL high in the air and not worry about it climbing or falling. I will soon be making panos in the air and need to park the machine in the air.

Here is my problem. When I let go of the throttle stick, the Hexa XL will slowly climb up instead of hovering in place. Do you know why that is happening? I am in Vario mode and GPS mode. I tried using the throttle trim, but that did nothing. Is there a MKTOOLS setting that I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance for your input,

Joe

ovdt

Connect your copter to Kopter Tools and while your transmitter is on, under the Misc tab you will see your throttle value. Probably your throttle value is bigger than 127. If it is, just equalize your throttle value to the hover throttle value.

And your Altitude Hold setting should be Vario Altitude Hold.

mephisto

Hy there,

@Bullseye: In general: To keep the Altitude Correctly I strongly recommend the Usage of the Altitude Hold Function, the best Case would be to use it in Conjunction with the Acc-Upgrade which is available for FC2.0+. If you use the Vario, 127 sould always keep the Altitude, no matter what weight the Copter is.

Uppman Theodor

Transmitter power is turned on, the receiver can not receive the signal which is to make people angry. If the power supply voltage can't measure, it is likely to be the power fuse burned down, exchanging a new fuse of the same size will be able to work normally, indicating poor quality of the original fuse.
http://www.rctophobby.com

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
My JR9303 radio has a self-centering throttle stick. I want it that way so I can keep the Hexa XL high in the air and not worry about it climbing or falling. I will soon be making panos in the air and need to park the machine in the air.

Here is my problem. When I let go of the throttle stick, the Hexa XL will slowly climb up instead of hovering in place. Do you know why that is happening? I am in Vario mode and GPS mode. I tried using the throttle trim, but that did nothing. Is there a MKTOOLS setting that I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance for your input,

Joe

Two things: remove the throttle centering spring (they're more trouble than they're worth) and set the AH "Stick neutral point" in MK Tools to '0', which is automatic. That's what I've always done, and it works much better. That way, with the spring removed, when you engage Altitude Hold, you don't have to move the stick at all.