• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 246

CMonteiro

Hi ovdt,
Well, the story begins with xaircraft recomendations for making the gps perform correctly.
The gps antenna should be higher than the other devices, and isolated from electromagnetic interferences covering the interior side of the dome with a copper foil. And so I did.
And for optimizing their recommendations I decide to put the gps antenna on a mast.
And then I decided to solve another problem that xaircraft didn’t address. The gps unit has a green led that blinks for indicating the number of satellites caught. So, one I installs the gps unit under the dome, the green led can’t be seen, so we can’r monitor the gps state.
Solution: To build a tower where I can put the gps unit in a way that allows me to see the led, and put the antenna above, as far as possible from other electronic devices.
And then some images from fishing boats with their rigs of communication devices, came to my mind.
And there it is. A construction over the dome, tied up with elastic strings for not being destroyed in case of accident, and the gps equipment as far as possible of interference sources.