My First Quadcopter

TOMFlight

Hey guys, this is just a video that I put together to go along with my presentation on quadcopters for school.

Also please note that this was only filmed at my second week of being able to fly, so if any of you have any tips for me (on flying or filming) I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks, Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:

First off, well done!!! You have nailed the video production bit.

Second thing, stay away from water. At least when you hit a tree you get some bits back that might work again.

Now I have watched it again, I predict you have a bright future if this is your second week.

Don't puff your batteries, have you got an audible alarm on them.

TOMFlight

Thank you so much Gary! Firstly yeah that's probably a good idea to say away from water, I didn't actually think about that at the time, stupidly. Secondly I don't have an audible alarm, although I'm using the Naza LED indicator to see when I'm running low on power, however I can quite easily get an alarm, how important do you think it is?
Thanks again, Tom.

Well put it like this I don't fly without one and at around 5 US Dollars its just not a risk worth taking. Plus my eyes are older than yours so I probably couldn't see a warning light!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AOK-Li-po-Battery-Low-Voltage-Tester-1s-8s-Buzzer-Alarm-Indicator-/230979294264?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item35c7705438

I also use a timer on my radio. I fly a battery of the type I want to use to its audible limit and after that I only fly for 75% of that time.

This will sound a bit uptight to you I expect, but LiPos are not only expensive, they are dangerous!

Cheers

Gary

TOMFlight

Thanks once again Gary, I've just ordered on, taking you advise. I couldn't agree more that at $5 US, it'd be silly not to have one!

Tom