My first "Crash"

Brakza

Norwegian noob
I crashed while landing today. or it flipped and the propellers got i the grass. after this happen one of the propellers didn't spin. (se video below)

Trying to find a software where i can test the motors. But cant find it. I know you can do it with Naza Assistant but my Phantom wont connect. I am going to try again now. I hope it works... Or did the ESC or Motor get damaged?

Brage, Norway!

dazzab

That's unusual. Phantoms are tough little beasts so I'm surprised to see this. It almost looks like a wire has come loose on that motor. I find it hard to believe the motor or the ESC would have been damaged but it is possible. It will need to be opened up to have a look. Make darn sure you remove the props before doing any testing inside. I can't offer any solid advice as I don't own a Phantom. Hopefully someone else here can offer more specific help.

Tahoe Ed

Good advice. Take off the props and take off the canopy. Make sure that you disconnect the GPS cable in the canopy to the Main board. Note where it was so you can replace it later. With the new board, escs and connection to the Phantom controller, this can be a little challenging but you have to move the motor to another esc. If the problem follows the motor, it is the motor. If it stays with the esc, then it is the esc. Neither is expensive to replace. It is however unusual for either to go out unless the motors were allowed to continue to run while one was unable to turn. That can cause problems.

Brakza

Norwegian noob
It was just a easy crash while i landed, reacted as fast as i could. So a bit strange. And its brand new, got it for Christmas as a gift to myself. Its the new Phantom 2 V2.0. How is DJI on these things? can i send it in on warranty or is that a no go?

But nonetheless, can you link to where its best to buy motors end esc? These things do break so i can buy it now and contact DJI. Hopefully they are helpful. if not i will fix it.

Found this.
Could this be the case?

Tahoe Ed

It is hard to say. I don't know of any dealers in Norway if that is where you are located. You can go to DJI.com and see who is closest to you.

Tahoe Ed

Then you have many choices. Pick one that can get it to you the fastest and with the least shipping cost.

cootertwo

So the one motor acts strange on "activation", have you tried giving it some more throttle to see if that motor picks up? If it's only at "activation" you can check to see if the motor idle setting in the assistant software is in the middle "recommended" The motor seems to act OK on the test video you posted. Give her a "little" throttle, and lets see what happens. Perhaps while carefully holding down. No full throttle, or nuttin like that, just some past the "start up speed.

Brakza

Norwegian noob
So the one motor acts strange on "activation", have you tried giving it some more throttle to see if that motor picks up? If it's only at "activation" you can check to see if the motor idle setting in the assistant software is in the middle "recommended" The motor seems to act OK on the test video you posted. Give her a "little" throttle, and lets see what happens. Perhaps while carefully holding down. No full throttle, or nuttin like that, just some past the "start up speed.
I have tried this. the motor starts to spin ok. but the direction of the spinning is the wrong way so the propeller just flies off...

i have now opened the phantom body, and the ESC is burnt. For me this looked like a mechanical failure to me. A production fail.

Pictures of the ESC.
http://imgur.com/a/TtpwV

I will call phantom Tomorrow and send them the picks. Hopefully they be helpfull and send a new ESC or just return it... Not sure how to do this.

Brage, Norway!