My favorite everyday workhorse is the Inspire, what is yours?

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
I've been using DJI product ever since thanes V-1 and 450 Flywheel times (yes, the B.P. - Before Phantom times), and still enjoy their product. They have been through some growing pains (both product and service), but it is great to see them evolve into an industry leader. They offer everyone from the beginners to seasoned pros a solid line of pretty powerful tools, and continue to refine their product to stay relevant and keep us coming back for more. My favorite everyday workhorse is the Inspire, what is yours?
IMG_9611.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9611.jpg
    IMG_9611.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,067

Booda

I've been using DJI product ever since thanes V-1 and 450 Flywheel times (yes, the B.P. - Before Phantom times), and still enjoy their product. They have been through some growing pains (both product and service), but it is great to see them evolve into an industry leader. They offer everyone from the beginners to seasoned pros a solid line of pretty powerful tools, and continue to refine their product to stay relevant and keep us coming back for more. My favorite everyday workhorse is the Inspire, what is yours?View attachment 9

I myself started with diy and built sk500 and quickly replaced with an S500 I built

Girlfriend bought p3p for Xmas and I have to say I love my phantom. Not quite an inspire I'm sure but definitely my next step

I put naza fc on S500 and was really impressed with DJI at that point. My girlfriend thought phantom much nicer looking then my dyi. If only I could convince her how inspire looks much nicer then phantom now. :)

Listen to podcast every week and used talk alot about dji. I see why now I am noob but really impressed with P3p.

Don't fly my S500 anymore; went straight to litchi app and really like it. Gonna start exploring dji GO app now.

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
I myself started with diy and built sk500 and quickly replaced with an S500 I built

Girlfriend bought p3p for Xmas and I have to say I love my phantom. Not quite an inspire I'm sure but definitely my next step

I put naza fc on S500 and was really impressed with DJI at that point. My girlfriend thought phantom much nicer looking then my dyi. If only I could convince her how inspire looks much nicer then phantom now. :)

Listen to podcast every week and used talk alot about dji. I see why now I am noob but really impressed with P3p.

Don't fly my S500 anymore; went straight to litchi app and really like it. Gonna start exploring dji GO app now.

S-500 quad? Very similar to my first build, the F450. I still have my F550 (pretty old school), but really enjoy the Inspire and Phantom. My opinion, unless you;re looking for two operator capability or the ability to carry the X5 camera, the Phantom 3P is enough. Stills are the same between P3P and Inspire 1 X3, so is the video. The Inspire does look cooler though:) Do you have a pic of your S500?

John Locke

Peter: Stills are the same between P3P and Inspire 1 X3, so is the video.

That's interesting. I didn't know the P3P and the X3 camera were identical, but it makes sense I guess. The P3P doesn't get much credit for what it provides from a lot of people, saying it looks like a toy, etc. That craft is pretty incredible for the money. With a Windsurfer antenna reflector I can easily go over 2 miles away with a video feed. The video and photo settings have a lot of flexibility in the adjustments, on the fly. I started with an Q500+ last March, and although it was a good beginning, the camera wasn't as flexible or capable, didn't even have a white balance adjustment to set Kelvin number, is was all auto, which would often over-saturate the video color. When I got the Phantom and started playing with the settings, oh man. And then to find the Phantom flew twice as fast at the Q500 in GPS mode, that really opened up possibilities. DJI seems to be improving their service, but I sure wish they would communicate better with more details of issues as they come up. Love my P3P, and plan to buy and Inspire once the FAA sorts out the 107 plan for commercial work.

Booda

That is good to know; I thought cameras maybe close but price difference I am extremely happy with p3p.''

The S500 quad (hobby King) is what I was referring to. I liked it because had integrated Power Distribution board, very nice feature.

I'll attach quick photo just took. Last flight was practicing pan moves and got disoriented and minor crash. Few blades broke and landing gear but that was extent. Contemplating selling for Phantom parts now.

I have 3 axis gimbal, I have taken it off for time being. I want to build handheld mount for it (3d printed). I can then attach Gopro 4 to either my S500, or swap to my handheld mount. So many ideas and things to learn. I blame it all on Peter, Erick, Joe!! lol

S500 (1 of 1).jpg

Attachments

• S500 (1 of 1).jpg
    S500 (1 of 1).jpg
    578 KB · Views: 1,400

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
That is good to know; I thought cameras maybe close but price difference I am extremely happy with p3p.''

The S500 quad (hobby King) is what I was referring to. I liked it because had integrated Power Distribution board, very nice feature.

I'll attach quick photo just took. Last flight was practicing pan moves and got disoriented and minor crash. Few blades broke and landing gear but that was extent. Contemplating selling for Phantom parts now.

I have 3 axis gimbal, I have taken it off for time being. I want to build handheld mount for it (3d printed). I can then attach Gopro 4 to either my S500, or swap to my handheld mount. So many ideas and things to learn. I blame it all on Peter, Erick, Joe!! lol

View attachment 13
Nice Booda, here is my first machine, a DJI 450 with Naza V-1 and 600tvl camera, 1.2Ghz video transmitter (pretty big antenna, lol). Yes, we are a very bad influence! Drones are like magic, they make your money dissapear:)
IMG_7339.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7339.JPG
    IMG_7339.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,076

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
Peter: Stills are the same between P3P and Inspire 1 X3, so is the video.

That's interesting. I didn't know the P3P and the X3 camera were identical, but it makes sense I guess. The P3P doesn't get much credit for what it provides from a lot of people, saying it looks like a toy, etc. That craft is pretty incredible for the money. With a Windsurfer antenna reflector I can easily go over 2 miles away with a video feed. The video and photo settings have a lot of flexibility in the adjustments, on the fly. I started with an Q500+ last March, and although it was a good beginning, the camera wasn't as flexible or capable, didn't even have a white balance adjustment to set Kelvin number, is was all auto, which would often over-saturate the video color. When I got the Phantom and started playing with the settings, oh man. And then to find the Phantom flew twice as fast at the Q500 in GPS mode, that really opened up possibilities. DJI seems to be improving their service, but I sure wish they would communicate better with more details of issues as they come up. Love my P3P, and plan to buy and Inspire once the FAA sorts out the 107 plan for commercial work.

True, the Phantoms are seen as toys, but very powerful. The camera control they offer is something many pros were dreaming about even a few years ago. I like it for it's portability and quick setup, mostly for stills. I go to my Inspire for great video, two operator capability, and when working. While the camera sensors and parameters are the same, the Phantom just can't perform as well in wind, and it is also prone to vibrations at high speeds and spirited manuevers.

maxx4wd

Agreed the Inspire is one of our favorite commercial rigs as well..still portable and easy to fly - camera quality is awesome...dual operation is great but the landing gear can get in frame when and require multiple takes but otherwise the inspire performs like a large rig that acts like a phantom...which is a great thing...