My F800 "Finger Snapper"

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I would say for the price the RCTimer RCT800 MR airframe is excellent. Unfortunately I did not install ESCs under each motor.... using conventional rectangular units that hang below have way towards the hub. Since I am only carrying a Hero GoPro3 c/w 2 axis RCTimer GoPro gimbal with Martinez controller, I have no issues with vibrations at this time. I don't like the idea of reinforcing these motor arms as that is counter-productive to using carbon fiber tubes that resolve all these issues...... will work on that solution later.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Slotting the RCT800 Motor Arms

In response to a private message I discovered I could not send photos by PM in return so I am posting this info here for him and others..............View attachment 13099View attachment 13100Slotting the RCT800 Motor Arms to accommodate the original S800 landing gear (with or without the S800 anti-vibration kit... your choice). 1) On the DJI aluminum tabs that come with the RCTimer S800 landing gear, there are two offset ridges on the barrel below the tab...... The upper one has to be filed down to the barrel diameter. This will make it possible for you to drill smaller holes in each motor arm at the center of each circle. But also you need to be able to push each tab up from the bottom into each motor arm before turning the thumb tab 90 degrees. That means you need to carefully slot out each motor arm to allow the aluminum tab to slide up and thru. And since the motor arms are thicker than the length of each tab barrel there is a bit more work required. I will post a couple of photos here and with the next posting.

Attachments

• ThumbTab.jpg
    ThumbTab.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 339
  • iOSD.jpg
    iOSD.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 358

Hello,

Would those 320kv motors function with the stock DJI 30A ESC's?

Cheers,

Olivier
Yes.... but only if you use 4S batteries.
Since these motors are capable of higher rpms using 5S and 6S batteries..... you need ESCs that will accomodate the full range, i.e., 2S thru to 6S.
While it is possible to purchase 30A ESCs allowing for 5S and 6S.... they are rare.
Typically you have to move up to 35 or 40 Amp ESCs.... which ofcourse enables more motor thrust etc.
BTW - The exact equivalent HobbyKing 30A ESC to the DJI ESC is only $10.....
Prices jump when you move above 30 amps.

Malocrane75

Yes.... but only if you use 4S batteries.
Since these motors are capable of higher rpms using 5S and 6S batteries..... you need ESCs that will accomodate the full range, i.e., 2S thru to 6S.
While it is possible to purchase 30A ESCs allowing for 5S and 6S.... they are rare.
Typically you have to move up to 35 or 40 Amp ESCs.... which ofcourse enables more motor thrust etc.
BTW - The exact equivalent HobbyKing 30A ESC to the DJI ESC is only $10.....
Prices jump when you move above 30 amps.

Thanks for the detailed information! I just learnt something!