My F550 turn off in the air and crash

Handsup

Hi there guys,

I have a F550 with a turnigy 9xr. I bought it from www.electronicarc.com.

Two days ago i was flying with it and after a 5min. flight i started dropping it to the ground but he was coming really slow so i push my throttle stick all the way down and my drone shut down completely his motors so i fell down to the ground and broke some pieces.

I really don't understand how this is possible.

I would like to change this but i dont know how.

I dont want the drone to shut down the motors only with the trottle stick down.

Any ideas???

Thank you!

Sounds like what happens when you run out of juice, and you bring your stick to zero (cutoff). Gravity takes over.
What batteries do you use? And in your Naza assistant settings, do you have cut-off set to "intelligent or "immediately"?
Need more info to help you out.

I assume your F550 is using the stock ESCs such that the ESC brake and cut-off type are set correctly.
If that is true then there may be an RC configuration issue with NAZA Assistant software such that CSC is not set up properly.
Otherwise, as "fj" stated it might be the FC cut-off configuration set wrong from NAZA Assistant or a battery issue.
I am not in favor of using the "immediate" mode..... not sure why they still offer that option.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi there guys,

I have a F550 with a turnigy 9xr. I bought it from www.electronicarc.com.

Two days ago i was flying with it and after a 5min. flight i started dropping it to the ground but he was coming really slow so i push my throttle stick all the way down and my drone shut down completely his motors so i fell down to the ground and broke some pieces.

I really don't understand how this is possible.

I would like to change this but i dont know how.

I dont want the drone to shut down the motors only with the trottle stick down.

Any ideas???

Thank you!

As above, you have the throttle cutoff set to immediately. Even in intelligent the motors will shut down after 3 seconds if you put the throttle down all the way.

Don't put the throttle down all the way in the future. :nevreness:

haha49

The naza has a auto shut off feature once it hits that limit it turns off. I disabled IMC Imediate cut out because it does that I set mine so it will come down but won't turn off till it crashs into something (props stop spinning) or I cut it. I did that to prevent it from falling once you lose throttle just let it down slowly.

Handsup

Hi there guys,

I use 3s 5000mah lipo's. And my cut of type was set to immediately. I already change it and check it. Now i can put my sticks all the way down by accident and my drone dosen't shut off and start the free fall.

Thank you very much for your help.

Godd night :)

Engine going off after 5 minutes of fly? Bit strange. What I suspect its because of loose connector, loose/bad fuse or bad wiring.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Engine going off after 5 minutes of fly? Bit strange. What I suspect its because of loose connector, loose/bad fuse or bad wiring.

hmm, no fuses to be concerned about, running a 3S and 6 motors, I would have said more likely the battery has a low "C" rating and he had voltage protection set incorrectly. Most of us that use Naza turn that function off as it is dangerous, it will start to put your copter down when it hits the threshold. He also said he put the throttle stick down and had immediate cutoff enabled, putting the throttle to zero on a descent will make it crash as gravity is a ***** in these cases, the immediate cutoff as explained earlier in this topic will shut the motors off when at zero throttle.