My 15 minutes of fame!

SJBrit

We've had a lot of flooding I my area recently so I took the drone up to have a look. My Facebook post of the footage went nuts: 3000 shares and 130k views! A couple local news channels picked it up and one of them sent out a reporter today to interview me about the whole deal. Apart from getting the idea that I had somehow built my own Fatshark goggles they did a pretty decent job. They even had the courtesy to add that this was purely a hobby and not a commercial enterprise - don't want the FAA getting the wrong end of the stick!

So that was it: my 15mins of fame, duly DVR'd. I'll post up a link if they put it up online. The funny part is that the only reason I flew at all was to see if I had my head tracker dialed in right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLJim

Nice work. Watching your video makes me want to check out FPV even more. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

SJBrit

Well, I guess I got 20mins of fame - another station did an interview today. I took some more footage post flood: I'll get them cut together and post them up here when I get a chance (since the TV station did such a horrible job with the edit!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now every time they need a quote from a "drone guy" they will call you. I'm serious. There's a guy here in the Sacramento area and he reached out to the media or they found him, either way he seems to get on the news anytime there's something drone related. You are now an ambassador to our sport. Serve us well.