MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Multiwii Paris 4.0 r6 throttle question - easy question!

Efliernz

Pete
I am new to Multiiwii... I have just bought a Paris 4.0 r6 pre-programmed for Y6.

I have:
calibrated the tx/rx to the GUI 2.2 for 1095/1500/1905
Calibrated each esc

The TX movements are good on the GUI. I unplugged the usb and connected the battery and it all lights up good.

Now the strange bit (to me). I right-yaw to arm the board and all motors instantly run at a fast idle. The throttle increases with tx throttle and everything appears speed up/slow down correctly.
It is just all motors are running as soon as it is armed. Is this normal for a Paris board?

Thanks

Pete

Electro 2

As stated on the other forum, yes. When armed, motors will spin at the speed specfied in the MINTHROTTLE statment in the config.h. If MOTORSTOP is set, they won't until throttle is advanced.

Efliernz

Pete
Thanks

I guess I was expecting a basic statement in the instructions... duh me!

It flies by the way:) I just need to work out... It flies on default settings - woo hoo but (testing only in perfectly calm conditions) when not in hover, I get left roll bumps every 5-10 seconds - about 5 degrees.

I have really good vibration dampening on the board and the onboard Gopro is jelloless...

Pete

Electro 2

Good! The stock settings are close, but not spot-on, for many frames. I've had to tune each up or down, depending, about 20% or so in order to optimze flight and handling. 5 seconds with this: Stock "D" are almost universally high for a larger/heavier frame. Stock "P" (or loop gains) are too low, stock "I" (integration) are about spot on. For reference, my MW rig is 4.1 lbs, 585 frame. Bend this stuff in 15% bumps for tuning. The "5 second bump" thing has me puzzled ?? I not aware of any EFC phenom that would result is this effect. Maybe something else is going on ??