Wanted Multirotor to meet specs

ChrisErl

HI

I'm looking for a multirotor which will meet certain specs for inspections . More then 12 megapixel and 5 x optical zoom. If anyone has a unit availlable or can built something to suite let me know

Chris

ChrisErl

I love the alta and may end up with it. I wonder if the movi 5 5d are over kill for my purpose. A lot to learn with that camera and I wonder if a basic servo gimbal and quality camcorder might be better suited to inspections?

I'd love a movi and 5d but don't see myself doing anything that could do them justice.

Looking at ragecams inspection lens right now for the inspire. No adjustable zoom but may be a great demo rig with the new x5 camera

Pumpkinguy

If you want people to help.you, you need to spend the time and effort explaining exactly what you need to achieve. My point is, phantoms take 12mp pics but are they really 12mp? Compare that against a 12mp dslr with a man sized sensor.

The more info you give us, the more accurately people can help without wasting their time.

ChrisErl

Yes I agree I was not detailed enough in my original post and should have been. Sorry .

Inspection are for hydro, picture quality is a must but portability is also a must as some access is quad or sideby side only.

Hydro has certain specs that they require as a minimum but have had demos done by others in the past which they weren't happy. My current partner does ground inspections currently for them and they like his work. We also do forestry inspections with an uav so hopefully the 2 can go together . Hydro has approached us so hopefully that's a good sign. Have 3 possible options at the moment . 1: s1000 with roninm and a Fdra-x33 sony camcorder. Probably a lighter gimbal option which in still researching.

2: A used but almost new cinestar x8 with a av200 servo gimbal . Together but needs extras to get together. Would use the same camcorder as above.

3: inspire 1 with ragecams inspection mod to 2 different cameras at different zoom setting. To be upgraded to the x5 camera when available . Or wait for the x5. No adjustable zoom but easy to swap camera assembly and very repeatable consistent results.

Also talked about the Alta and the dslr titan which I would prefer over the s1000.