Mulrirotors on portuguese TV evening news

CMonteiro

Yes, I was surprised to see a long article on this subject, on portuguese TV evening news at SIC.
I could post you the link, but the video is in portuguese, you probably wouldn't want to look.
But the models were very interesting, and made in Portugal. By UA vision.
And I was surprised by an interesting detail. One of the models had landing gear with four legs. And the one in front of the camera was a folding one. First time I saw.
If you want to have a look at the video in UA Vision,here is the link.
http://www.uavision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=28&lang=pt
Have a look and comment.
Carlos

jes1111

Good move - launch a mediocre machine and get yourself on the evening news, then actually talk about how there's no flight regulation in Portugal so some ink-pisser can jump on the case. The company seems to be heavily EU funded (par for the course in Portugal). "Made in Porugal" - another Magalhães fiasco? ;)

CMonteiro

Good move - launch a mediocre machine and get yourself on the evening news, then actually talk about how there's no flight regulation in Portugal so some ink-pisser can jump on the case. The company seems to be heavily EU funded (par for the course in Portugal). "Made in Porugal" - another Magalhães fiasco? ;)

I would like to state that I don’t have any relation to the cited company. My intention was just to mention a simple fact that I found to be interesting. And I think that my post is in line with many others that make this forum so friendly. Your comments seem to be an exception (coming from an English citizen living in Portugal… why am I not surprised?)
Anyway, you most certainly have other information sources about that company and the quality of its products, other than those available on the site, and there is possibly the reason for your comments.
Have a good day,
Carlos

jes1111

Hey - sorry - I didn't mean to upset you. And you've jumped to a wrong conclusion: I live in Portugal because I love Portugal (and my wife is Portuguese). But that doesn't mean I have to "love" its government and/or everything that happens here. And I don't really see how you can be offended by what I wrote - the machine has no "amazing" innovations (the folding leg is interesting but IMO there are better ways to solve that problem), Portugal does make shameless use of EU funds (usually through "connections" - you know what I mean), we are plagued by bureaucratic interference, and you should be able to appreciate the parallel to Magalhães. My "information source" is only from looking at their website - EU-fund logos all over it, and a brand-new five axis industrial robot in the back room? - come on!... it's obvious! ;) Lighten up - I was only being cynical, not offensive.

CMonteiro

...But that doesn't mean I have to "love" its government and/or everything that happens here. ....[/QUOTE said:
Now I agree.
Since this matter is off topic, I will explain you in private why I was so touchy about this.
No hard feelings
carlos