MOVI on over.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The reason I posted the list from the Free Fly site was that I wanted and still do, to hear a response from the Calibri guys who have funnily enough gone all silent.

The Movi is expensive for sure but the more I am seeing about genuinely capable BL gimbals the more I am realizing that most are nothing but vapour-ware and the more realistic the Movi seems to be.

ChrisViperM

The reason I posted the list from the Free Fly site was that I wanted and still do, to hear a response from the Calibri guys who have funnily enough gone all silent.

The reason why it's "quiet" is because everything what can be said is said.....

What do you expect...? If you think the Colibri is good for you....go and buy it. If you think the MöVI is good for you....go and buy it. Ifg anything else is good for you, go and buy it......

.....but the more I am seeing about genuinely capable BL gimbals the more I am realizing that most are nothing but vapour-ware and the more realistic the Movi seems to be.

Would be interesting to hear what gimbals you own already and how you can possibly judge the capability of a product by just reading marketing chit-chat......

I own a Colibri, collected it directly at the factory, spent the whole day with the owner and thoroughly tested it at home....and it is just exactly what I was looking for....what else do you expect to hear. Neither the Colibri nor the MöVI is better, it's just the question what exactly do you need and which product can fulfiull that need.....

Good luck with the hunt for the "best" gimbal.....

Chris

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The reason I posted the list from the Free Fly site was that I wanted and still do, to hear a response from the Calibri [actually it is Colibri, but carry on] guys who have funnily enough gone all silent

This is so very amusing because I was thinking something similar just this afternoon when out of the blue there was this sudden explosion of posts about the MōVI. Even Tabb Firchau himself was moved to contribute, after the long, deafening silence following the NAB announcement. I will agree that there seem to be a lot of claims out there from so-called competitors without, by all accounts, too much substance, but then the MōVI has not progressed much further than a promise yet either. Has it? And to be honest, this sudden rush of MōVI trumpet-blowing somehow smacks of panic.

Nonetheless, you personally have apparently developed some particular loyalty to its promises, which is fine, but I have seen, touched and watched the Colibri in action and discussed everything there is to discuss about it face-to-face with its creator.

Vapour-ware it ain't mate!

No, the expressions that come to mind are more like 'a Work of Art', a Jewel, a brilliantly designed, superbly crafted piece of engineering ... dull things like that.

But I'll tell you what, you just keep on making a lot of noise and waiting on that promise.