Movi M5 - should I buy it?

Hi guys!
I don't know if I choose right category but here is my story and question:
I am standing in front of huge decision and I need your help!
I am 16 y.o. and I am from Czech Republic. I love RC flying (with copters) and /aerial/ filming.
Up to now I was flying only with 2-axis GoPro gimbal on QuadCopter. In the future I'd like to work in film industry (commercials, cinema and so on...). I was already working on few interested projects, usually commercials (but not TV commercials - they are only on YT).

I want to be better in what am I doing. I can see that GoPro copter has almost everybody. I want to push my limits further!

I have some saved money and I am thinking what I should buy.
I fall in love with Movi M5. But I am still thinking if I should buy it?.
I don't have money for huge heavy lifter includes stabilization, camera and so on.
I could buy only heavy lifter but if I wouldn't have gimbal it would be useless for my.
So I have and idea of buying Movi, using it on the ground and then buy heavy lifter.

But then there are DJI products. I could buy DJI Osmo and/or Inspire I but I am not sure if it isn't just waste of money.

Nevertheless isn't Movi just waste of money?

Thank you for your help and your opinion. I am not native speaker so I am sorry for my English.

Adam

violetwolf

You're right Adam this is a very big decision.

When it comes to business you must ask if it will make enough money to pay for itself? Are my customers asking for this service?

Also it would not be much good without a pro camera to put on it.

I think in order of importance is a good camera body, good lenses, good audio capture gear, good tripod. Then lastly stability gear.

With a good camera you can ask for good money for your service and make money to buy those nice accessories for it.

I'm sure this will be a thread with many valuable suggestions and opinions so weigh it all carefully for yourself with patience ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

violetwolf

Oh and welcome to the forum. There are many Pros here so please stick around :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Movi works perfectly whether it's handheld or on a helicopter. The weight of it is reasonable compared to the performance you get. It's an investment that any professional video operation should consider worthwhile.

There are other gimbals, Gremsy comes to mind as one that is a good value with very good performance.

You should consider which product will be most repairable and will have parts available to you in the Czech Republic. Professional gigs require your equipment to be available when your customers need it to be available and working. If you can't get parts or if you can't get answers to important service and operating questions then you might be wasting your money.