motors wont turn now!

diverdan

I am in the process of setting up my Cinestar 8 with a wookong controller. with the Futaba 8FG super.
The wookong ans tx is working, but the motor aren't turning. They were turning before!.
I think maybe the esc's are damanged. I was in the garden testing the motors 2 days ago. All appeared well. Next day they didn't work. I have't cut the red wires in theESC's yet. Will that damage the ESC's If i rev the motors?

I tried to plug in the programming card whilst the ESC's are on the model, but nothing happens. No lights. ( the escs are still wired into the battery on the model.
Any thoughts.

Dan

plingboot

simplest thing to do is plug each esc (in turn) directly into your receiver throttle channel and try it that way.

if they work then the esc's aren't duff.

when testing like this, it doesn't matter if you'd nipped the red wire (which i would do anyway before plugging into the wkm) - just plug a 2 cell lipo into a spare channel on the receiver.

diverdan

All sorted now..
Now trying to get the gimble working.
It is plugged into the R and T port. I ma using S BUs.
There is power in the servos, but they wont move when i move the controls on the transmitter.
I have programmed them in as AuX 1 and 2.
Any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Do you have the Auto Gain Control, #3 Gimbal tab in Assistant software, to more than 2? Try setting them to 20 to start. Also you can only control tilt from the transmitter. Pitch and Roll are controlled by the FC.

diverdan

I have just tried that.
I have now got the roll to work, but still no luck with Pitch.
The pitch wont adjust when i move the control on my TX.

Last edited by a moderator: