Motors start, and then stop

Hi folks.

I'm having an issue with my multirotor (Tarot T960 with Naza-m V2 Flight Controller), and am hoping someone can help.

I made the mistake of starting the copter on my bench (props off) with one connection on motor 5 disconnected. That particular motor sputtered a bit, for about 3 seconds, before I realized what I'd done and disconnected the battery.

I reconnected the wire, but now, when I try to start up, all the motors spin up, but then they all quit after about one second. They all get shut down.

Did I fry something by powering up that motor with only two wires connected? Is the Naza detecting something wrong and shutting the whole thing down? Do I need to reset something?

Any ideas, suggestions, slaps on the hand, would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Hi Sky,

Thanks for the response.

The ESC's are DYS 40A that came with the Foxtech Tarot T960 package. Never had an issue with any of them before.

The Tx is a Frsky Taranis.

All the motors are spinning up fine now and seem to be functioning great, but like I said, I'm a bit concerned that I can't get the full range of the Rudder in the Naza Assistant software. It's close, but was full range last time I checked.

Also, the reason I'm even checking all this is because I was getting a little twitching in the copter last time I flew.

Got any advice?

Thanks!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi mate,

Twitching is a sign that an ESC is about to go. If you test on the bench it will probably start oddly compared to the others.

Motors stopping after one second is normal. Mine do that if i have throttle hold on.

Can you not get the full range of movement during the calibration in the assistant?

Hi Ben. Thanks for the response.
Yes, a bad ESC is what I thought too. That's why I removed the props and tested it on the bench, in hopes of finding out which ESC it was that is the problem. But after testing, and after solving the problem with all the motors stopping right after start, all motors spin up fine now and there is no twitching on the bench.

The reason the motors were all stopping right after start was because of Error29, which was "TX Sticks midpoint error too big". I discovered, in the Naza Assistant software, that the Rudder stick was not centered and was also not traveling the full range, so I centered the trim on the TX and that fixed the off-center issue in the Assistant and now all my motors stay on and seem to be running fine. However, the Rudder range in the Assistant is still not full range. When I move the Ridder stick to the left on the Tx, the pointer in the Assistant does not move all the way to the left. It stops just a bit short in the software. So I ask you, is this something I should be worried about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk