Motor tones on startup.

macc

Just put together a new octo build, when i connect the battery i get the motor tones. Dee Dee Dee Deeee. but one of the motors seems to make the tone a bit slower than the rest, ( Same tone just it lags behind the rest?) Any ideas?
Everything else is working fine. They all start up fine too..

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
It could be one of two things in my mind. Firstly it could be that the ESC requires re-calibration- ideally you should calibrate all ESCs at the same time using an 8 to 1 or 6 to1 plug. Secondly it could be a faulty ESC. Try re-calibrating and see where that takes you.

macc

It could be one of two things in my mind. Firstly it could be that the ESC requires re-calibration- ideally you should calibrate all ESCs at the same time using an 8 to 1 or 6 to1 plug. Secondly it could be a faulty ESC. Try re-calibrating and see where that takes you.

Thanks Carapau, wil give that a go, using 45A Maytechs flashed with SimonK. Was hoping it was something simple that I overlooked.

macc

Tried re-programming throttle end points again, changed for new esc's, swapped around esc's, changed motors , no change, the two motors that are lagging behind on the tones are motors 7 & 8 everytime.... weird!!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Are you using a Wookong? Which firmware are you running? I used to have this on the older firmware (5.16 or lower) but everything was fine for flying. Stopped doing it with firmware 5.20 and up.

macc

Are you using a Wookong? Which firmware are you running? I used to have this on the older firmware (5.16 or lower) but everything was fine for flying. Stopped doing it with firmware 5.20 and up.

Sorry yes Wookong, & firmware 5.16. Im afraid to upgrade but ive heard 5.20 is petty stable right? Spent hours on this.. thought I was going crazy.haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Ive been using 5.26 for a long time now and had no issues at all. Given the lack of reports of issues on 5.26 here on the forum I would say this is a pretty safe bet at the moment.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ive been using 5.26 for a long time now and had no issues at all. Given the lack of reports of issues on 5.26 here on the forum I would say this is a pretty safe bet at the moment.

Totally agree. I use 5.26 as well. It's been out long enough to be reliable. You'll have to get used to the new LED sequences, it's like a disco!