Aeronavics / Droidworx Motor Question for SJ8 HL

Hi Guys,
Just read on Aerial Media Pro's website that they have had some trouble out of the 4120/20 motors on heavey lift MRs.. I had planned to order the AXI motors today but am now in a holding pattern to figure this out. Hadn't even seen their site till last night while looking to see who had the airframe in stock. Can anyone comment on that?
Here is a link to the page on their site. http://aerialmediapros.com/store/product_info.php/axi-412014-412020-p-233

Any thoughts on this motor?
http://aerialmediapros.com/store/product_info.php/amp-epic-500kv-motor-for-skyjib-p-302

Thoughts are appreciated gents.

Thanks!

Lanzar

Axi are good if you know what you are doing. We have them on one off our skyjibs and they are working perfectly.
The other motors that you linked look like our KW10 motors but i doubht that Tiger made our motors for them since we have an agreament with tiger.
Or maybe they are just rebranded tiger stock motors and he copy pasted our info.

Cause on page they also say they they are the only ones that fly with their own red. Well i know we do that from the day we were able to lift red and we were the first or second in the world to do it.
I dont want to brag but i hate to see that you need lies to advertise.
I have no bad intensiones to aerialmediapros but i hate when i see copy paste from our site.

Well i will leave it to you to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

Best bet is to call Patrick and talk to him. We've bought 3 copters from him including our Skyjib. He's a straight shooter and has been building heavies for awhile. I would talk to him and/or Lanzar from Kopterworx (who also does a ton of heavies) and then go with either of their recommendations.

edit... Looks like Lanzar chimed in while I was typing

Last edited by a moderator:

I will give Patrick a call when they open up today. Lanzar, the KW10 looks like a great motor. almost 2.5lbs lighter for a set than the axi. Is it a matter of personal preference? Do the AXI give some advantage that I'm not seeing until I start to experiment with different setups?

Thanks

Just placed my order with Droidworx. 5 days till i can start building. I've got to make a decision about motors in the next couple of days.

Talked to Patrick today for a bit. He made a great case for the AMP500 Epic motors. Ordered a set with May tech 65optos. I'll start there and see where I end up in a couple of months. Thanks guys.

Lanzar

Axi have little bit more trust then kw10 but also drain more power and are heavy as hell.
Did you ask patric about the motors if they are realy 500 or ??.
Also 65 amps if you will use 16 inch props and 5kg payload will not be enough.

I have the 15.5 Xoar props ordered. He said they are 500.. Told him what I was building and why.. said the Maytechs would be perfect.