Motor QC3328 is too hot with hobbywing platinum esc

Hi Guys,

Sorry for keep raising basic question however I just want everything is properly set up before I fly.

I currently using Cinestar 8 with QC3328 motor and Hobbywing Platinum 40A and I notice that only after 1 minute in the sky the motor get very hot.

I think that this is because I have not set up my ESC properly so I went for setting up the timing in ESC however when I plug in the lipo (6 cells lipo 30C) with 1 esc and 1 motor to test on the ground (without flying), after a short time the motor also get hot no matter which timing value I choose.

1. Could you please help to explain what could have gone wrong with my motor and ESC ?

2. What is your program you set for your esc ?

3. Do I need to set the same value for 8 escs and have a fly to test whether motor still get hot or I can test like for single ESC and motor like I am currently doing ?

4. Lastly, What is your suggestion to ensure a 4 minutes flying ?

Cheers,

Cuong

Lanzar

Check if QC3328 are 6s. And what is hot for u. Can u hold them with the hands or are they too hot for that.

Check if QC3328 are 6s. And what is hot for u. Can u hold them with the hands or are they too hot for that.

Thanks Lanza, Qc3328 as I read in the website is eligible with 6s :( they are too hot to hold it on hand :(

I am thinking whether it is hot because of AUW is arround 6kg therefore it is a little overload for them :( whether I have to change to higher capacity motor ?

Since the Tiger motor MT2814 are only rated for 4s I highly doubt these motors that are identical (rebranded) can be run above 4s safely.

hic so you mean that is because of the motor has been wrongly quote on the quadrocopter website ? Have anybody in the forum using 6s lipo with these motors and what is your result ???

filmguy29

motors getting hot

Hi Guys,

Sorry for keep raising basic question however I just want everything is properly set up before I fly.

I currently using Cinestar 8 with QC3328 motor and Hobbywing Platinum 40A and I notice that only after 1 minute in the sky the motor get very hot.

I think that this is because I have not set up my ESC properly so I went for setting up the timing in ESC however when I plug in the lipo (6 cells lipo 30C) with 1 esc and 1 motor to test on the ground (without flying), after a short time the motor also get hot no matter which timing value I choose.

1. Could you please help to explain what could have gone wrong with my motor and ESC ?

2. What is your program you set for your esc ?

3. Do I need to set the same value for 8 escs and have a fly to test whether motor still get hot or I can test like for single ESC and motor like I am currently doing ?

4. Lastly, What is your suggestion to ensure a 4 minutes flying ?

Cheers,

Cuong

I am having this same problem and I can't figure it out...did you ever find a solution. I have a CS8, 4s batteries, 40a turnigy plush esc's, and qc3328 motors. The motors get crazy hot after a few minutes of flight...why to hot to touch.