Motor info

Davef450

I am starting to get parts for a 250 racer. I have noticed that some motors say CCW or CW. Then there are some that don't say CW or CCW. Do I need to pay attention to the rotation of the motor or is it in the props?

chef_robles

Clock wise and counter clock wise. For a quad you need 2 of each kind. Keep you cw and ccw motors diagonal from each other.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

JCLs

If brushless motor it has 3 leads and if motor running wrong direction reverse any 2 of them unless the ESC allows for changing direction like on Vector and others. Rotation direction is per the controller and yes pairs diagonal from each other. Do cw and ccw motors come wired to ESC? Only logical way to fix direction I know of.

AMA 954079 KG5BBF

Brent Wilcox

I am starting to get parts for a 250 racer. I have noticed that some motors say CCW or CW. Then there are some that don't say CW or CCW. Do I need to pay attention to the rotation of the motor or is it in the props?

I was just wondering the same thing. If you can just swap two wires on ESC's, why bother putting CW or CCW on the motor itself?

I also got some extra parts with each motor - was that a mistake or are those discs used for something? I got the Dragonfly motors.

Davef450

I was thinking the same way as Brent. Now if your props have nuts like my F450 then you have to have CW and CCW motors. I have seen people use nylock nuts and wondered if they were standard direction threads. I should have asked. As of now I plan to use 4 identical motors with nylock nuts. Am I correct thinking this?

CW and CCW is probably referring to the prop hub so your props dont unscrew during flight. It's becoming more common on the little 250s to have this option.

JCLs

That means one has to make sure motors put in proper position for marked rotation and rotate that way. So far on 3 quads I just use lock nuts, no issues and simple.

KG5BBF AMA#954079

I put the quick disconnect hubs on my large MR and it was mental exercise as to which way to install them so they wouldn't spin off.