Motor Idle Speed Naza mv2

Greg

*Read my posts carefully*.I have a tendancy to be confusing:confused:

Curious as to what others have this set to when arming motors.I have mine set to the lowest.They spool up instantly and have low rpm idling.This is what I want.I find I need at least 85% throttle to take off then I ease back to 55/60% to hover(manual mode)Not sure if proportional is the right word,but would setting a higher idle motor speed allow me to need less throttle to get into the air.The quad handles beautifully BTW.I have also read somewhere that you will never see your quads full potential because naza pmu restricts power output compared to a cc3d or similiar FC,(Naza being in manual mode).Not sure if this is true but it may be.The person who wrote this wasnt a naza basher,but a user.

Specs:
sunnysky 580KV
30amp multirotorsuperstore esc's
13'' 5.5 carbon T-style props
4s 5000 40c
Barebones no gear

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyPG

Hi Greg,
Why don't you try the higher idle speed? Takes two minutes to plug into assistant and change it. You can soon turn it back to your original setting.
Lift off point on your sticks will be specific to your spec.
I have mine set on the mid idle setting and the fully loaded quad lifts off at 55/60% stick position max.
Your specs doesn't say which copter you're using.

Andy.

Greg

Tarot 650.I switched to 10'' inch props and its much better.My wimpy motors werent designed for large props like I was using.I may try 9''aswell.Thanks for the tip.

econfly

Idle speed really just sets the lower end of throttle that the Naza uses to operate the motors. Basically, if your motors start then there is almost no point in changing the idle setting.