Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Insufficient thrust

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Showflyer

Hi all,

Since there is no statistics on "why we crash", I would like to collect some data here and identify the most common cause for having a bad day.
Let us know what have been causes for your crashes. Doesn't matter if it was fatal or just a hard landing.

Thanks!

maxwelltub

I would count auto pilot error under human error. Because if your auto pilot starts to mess up and you can't take it out of auto pilot and fly it yourself, thats pilot error.

Showflyer

Hi maxwelltub,

One way of looking at it, sure. On the other hand, if for some technical reason you cannot override it, then the design is flawed (which sadly often is the case...) and then I would reason it's not the pilot's error. However, in both situations the root cause of the incident would still be the autopilot.

Old Man

#1- Operator error
Operator error runs the gamut from improper system and equipment set up to loss of flight control due to poor decision making, dumb thumbs, disorientation, and exceeding range limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfro

Aerial Fun
Most of mine were pilot error, but I did have one mechanical failure that crashed it.

Old Man

I think everyone has done the #1 at least once. If they're as hard headed as I am they did it more than once;)