Mikrokopter MK std frames, mounting motors

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
FWIW, I had to replace three sets of motor bearings today and tried to do it while home in between shoots. I didn't expect to have to unsolder the motor wires to get to the bearings but I didn't see much choice. The bearings didn't just pop out when the motor bell was removed so by having the motors completely off the frame I was able to use force to free the bearings.
My recommendation would be to mount the motors and run the wires tightly under each arm so when you eventually have to replace bearings you can just unscrew the motor screws and drop the motor down from the arm. The other problem was in trying to get a screwdriver into the hole where the wires are in order to remove the one motor screw there. By the time I was done I unsoldered four motors and ran the wires under the arms. When I get more replacement bearings I'll do the same on those arms.
Changing the bearings made the whole contraption a lot quieter. I didn't realize just how much noise the bearings were making during flight.
Happy flying,
Bart

Crash

Defies Psychics
I think you bought the good bearings? Are your new bearings better than the MKs ever were?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i bought the grade 5 bearings at about $15 per set. if i could tell the difference i'd share it with you but i can't. i was in such a hurry yesterday to get the thing back in the air i really didn't do much of a comparison other than to make sure they were smooth and quiet.
i'd love to try the grade 7 at some point but for what i'm doing right now even the stock MK ones did fine.
denny's getting ready to up our game so i'll save my pennies for that little undertaking!

FlyEYE

One other thing I did with remounting the motors was to put the screw through a vibration dampers (2-3mm of silicone fuel line), between the arm and the motor. I got a couple comments that it was much quieter with the new bearings and dampers. Also I won't be running the wires through the tubing anymore to make things easier as well.