Mk or DJI...

When reading all the posts over time I think most of the copter users have better experience with the DJI instead of the Mikrokopter.
My conclusion is that DJI works much harder to achieve the best copter setup than Mikrokopter does.

How do you guy's think about Mikrokopter vs DJI?

BR,
Robert

Hi,

as always: everything depends on your application and experience/know-how

Frank

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Let's say for use with expensive camera gear like RED camera's...
I'm not using GPS on a shoot only AH.
Wich setup has the minimum error and is most reliable.

Photronix

Pilot
If you want to fly a Red then may I suggest Hoverfly. Of course I am biased but if you talk to others trying to use DJI or MK with larger payloads (like 12lbs for the Red Epic) you will find your self with far different performance than with the smaller multi-rotors. We have many customers using our products to fly Epics. Our Erista (skyjib8) will fly a Red Epic at half throttle.

Talk to Airfilms.nl

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I will vouch for Hoverfly handling large crafts and flying amazingly smooth. MK is going to probably piss you off. DJI is probably going to be the best out there for having all the whistles and bells. But you really don't want or need most of the bells and whistles AND it doesnt fly in wind very well. You want reliability, consistency, ease of use and above all...super smooth flight. And it all comes on 1 board, unless you want gps. I think you should scratch MK from your list and make it a DJI vs. Hoverfly comparison.

I will vouch for Hoverfly handling large crafts and flying amazingly smooth. MK is going to probably piss you off. DJI is probably going to be the best out there for having all the whistles and bells. But you really don't want or need most of the bells and whistles AND it doesnt fly in wind very well. You want reliability, consistency, ease of use and above all...super smooth flight. And it all comes on 1 board, unless you want gps. I think you should scratch MK from your list and make it a DJI vs. Hoverfly comparison.

We've got a Mikrokopter heavy lifter and DJI Naza f550. In my experience the MK has got a lot more bugs than the DJI, also a dji is much easier to setup. I haven't any experience with the hoverfly, is it almost the same setup like an MK?

Tahoe Ed

My friend, a pro A/P photographer, had more MK problems on a shoot today. He is beside himself. He has a F450 Naza-GPS that he loves but I can't get him to take the leap to DJI. I have a S800 with WKM and Data Link. With the ZenMuse gimbal video is outstanding, as long as your customer will accept video from a Nex5n or a Nex7n. If you need to fly a Red or a F100 you can custom order a Z15 gimbal and it will be custom made. DJI supplies many A/P clients with high end solutions for single rotor. MultiRotors are now their primary interest as it is ultimately the bigger market for hobby users and eventually for Pro users. However, I will say that they are starting to revitalize their heli line with the Naza H with GPS or without. The Naza will be for sport and 3D flying while the Naza H with GPS will be for more scale flying. The WKH will be up graded to gimbal control and will support the Zinmuse in two months or so. I can't wait, I have a A550 E FBL setting with a WKH waiting for the ZenMuse.

I can only comment on another A/P friend's experience with Hoverfly. He had issues with the Gimbal control and the GPS not working. That was several months ago and things may have changed sense then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

I will add something. I know off at least 3 mayor aerial filming crews and we are all using Mk without any navi gps stuff. So basicaly manual fly to get it perfect. But the thing is that u need a good pilot if you will use MK or Hooverfly. For dji systems they are more or less perfect autonomuss flying electronics so piloting is way easyer. I suggest that before u buy u take the time and visit someone that sels this stuff. You will get a lot of info and save a lot of time and money.