MK OKTO XL First Flight - NOT GOOD!!!

FreeFlyer

Hi everyone,

FINALLY finished my Okto XL after a long, long time in the workshop. Learned a lot along the way. Went for the maiden flight today and had some serious issues, followed by a crash. Luckily, no serious damage.

After take off the kopter began behaving incredibly erratically and I was unable to control it. It crashed a few seconds after it left the ground. I have checked the motors and the props as it seems like this should be the issue. Motors rotate the correct way (1, 3, 5, 7 CW). I calibrated the ACC but perhaps it was slightly off level but it couldn't have been by much. I also calibrated the GPS but was wondering the margin of error here. I tried to keep it rotating straight through the nick and then roll axis but maybe I was a bit off.

I've attached a pic of motors 1 & 8 in case I've made an obvious mistake with the props.
It seems like a prop or motor problem but I can't fault it.

Here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_MzIVwzvN4&feature=youtu.be

Guys, any help would be so appreciated. It's been a long road and I'm SO close!!!! Hahaha. Thanks heaps in advance.

Dale

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 318

alexoki

Have you tried to recalibrate the ACC? Try and make sure the motors/props are all on a level plane. What are your PID settings? Are you taking off with the GPS activated?

FreeFlyer

Thanks for replying. I think I may have just realised the issue. The photo with the 2 motors showsy motor 1 on the right and motor 8 on the left. But they should be motors 1 & 2 shouldn't they as they are the 2 front arms?? Can't believe I missed that.
Could someone please confirm?

alexoki

Yes incorrect motor sequence setup will cause problems. Set them up as shown in the MK wiki instructions.

FreeFlyer

Thanks a lot Alexoki.

This morning I took it apart and replaced all the motor wires correctly. When I plugged it all back in to MK Tools, I got the error message "BL-Ctrl missing (check connections & mixer setup)" and intermittently "no receiver signal??" LED lights on the BL-Btrls are solid green and red. My receiver light is solid green as it should be. I thought maybe it was the molex connector. The cable did seem to have one wire a little loose so I swapped it out for the 5 pin GPS cable (is this ok?). Still the same errors. Have double checked all the motor wires. They seem to be good and in the right order.

Can't believe I'm back in error land....thanks guys!!

Dale