Mikrokopter MK Guidance

I would like to try out the MK board with all features, GPS, follow me + power distribution. Can someone let me have a list of whats needed as I am finding the options a bit confusing.

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Andrew

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I would like to try out the MK board with all features, GPS, follow me + power distribution. Can someone let me have a list of whats needed as I am finding the options a bit confusing.

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Andrew

For the flight control system on the multi you will need:
Flight-Ctrl V2.1 ME
Navi-Ctrl V2.0
MK GPS V2.1(SMD preassembled)
Cable set NaviCtrl

Not required but highly recommended:
GPS-Shield 1.1

Depending on how many motors you will need one of the following:
Quad Power Distribution Board
Hexa XL power distribution board
Okto power distribution board

And the appropriate number of BL controllers, one per motor...
BL-Ctrl V2.0

Follow me requires an additional Navi controller and GPS board along with a wireless communication system like this:
ZigXbee Pro 900 USB

The electronics for the multi add up to approximately $1325 for a hex and the follow me electronics will cost an additional $625. Beyond that there's the frame, motors, props, etc...

As far as the electronics and frame, etc for the multi you might be better off just buying a kit, not sure how much you would save if anything, but at least you know you would have all the pieces you need.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken thats fantastic thank you very much :) I have a quad at the moment and want to give the alternative to WKM a go. Very much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

Ron2020

I also want to thank you, Ken, for laying out all the necessary items. I'm also in the information gathering stage just prior to making my first round of major purchasing.

So, if i wanted to build a Quad MK, the unique items would be 1 Quad Power Distribution Board and 4 of the BL-Ctrl V2.0 ?

I didn't realize that the Follow Me option required an *additional* Navi controller and GPS board. Is there a link where i can review this functionality?

thanks!

ron

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I also want to thank you, Ken, for laying out all the necessary items. I'm also in the information gathering stage just prior to making my first round of major purchasing.

So, if i wanted to build a Quad MK, the unique items would be 1 Quad Power Distribution Board and 4 of the BL-Ctrl V2.0 ?

I didn't realize that the Follow Me option required an *additional* Navi controller and GPS board. Is there a link where i can review this functionality?

thanks!

ron

Correct, you would need the Quad PDB and 4 BL controllers. Depending on how much you plan to lift and the motors to be used you might be able to use the less expensive BL 1.2 which are still available. The basic difference is the 1.2 versions are equivalent to about a 15 amp ESC and the 2.0 are closer to a 25 or 30 amp so choose the motors accordingly. If the $ isn't a big issue just go for the BL 2.0 and then not worry about which motors can be used.

There is info on the MK.DE site about the follow me and how it works at this link http://www.mikrokopter.com/ucwiki/en/FollowMe

Ken

P.S. if you really want follow me capability, the YS-X6 controller has it and it can be done with just an Android cell phone provided it has GPS capability. I have one that I just got fully functional and I'll be trying the follow me in the next few days, jiust want to get some sort of camera rigged on the testbed frame first

Last edited by a moderator: